Implement WDS

gvarkonyi

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
Hello,

What is the best path for implementing Windows Deployment Services?

I am running Server 2008 R2. My domain is under 100 workstations, all Win 7 (x86 & x64) I am currently using Symantec Ghost for image deployment and would like to switch to WDS.

Solution
WDS is a great choice for deploying your images. Here are a few links to get you started with WDS:
There are some great links on this ‘Windows Deployment Services’ page to get you started, including a link to the getting started guide.

On top of this information, I recommend that you download the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) (it’s free) and install this on your workstation. MDT works in conjunction with WDS, and brings many of Microsoft’s deployment tools to one interface.

For more deployment tutorials, walk-throughs, and articles, the ‘Deliver and Deploy Windows 7’ page of the Springboard Zone on Technet will give you plenty of options on how you structure your deployments.

Hope this helps get you...

WinOutreach4

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
WDS is a great choice for deploying your images. Here are a few links to get you started with WDS:
There are some great links on this ‘Windows Deployment Services’ page to get you started, including a link to the getting started guide.

On top of this information, I recommend that you download the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) (it’s free) and install this on your workstation. MDT works in conjunction with WDS, and brings many of Microsoft’s deployment tools to one interface.

For more deployment tutorials, walk-throughs, and articles, the ‘Deliver and Deploy Windows 7’ page of the Springboard Zone on Technet will give you plenty of options on how you structure your deployments.

Hope this helps get you started,
David
Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

Solution