Importance of pixel shader processors?

rtopham

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
I'm in doubt about buying a new graphics card, a AIW x800xt and a x800xt. The only difference are its pixel shader processor. The AIW has 8, while the other has 16. It's the only difference I can find at ATI's page. Is it worth paying more for just that thing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, Ricardo

NaDa

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2004
Every x800xt is the same. Just cos its AIW it doesnt have more or less pixel shaders. They have completly exact specs.

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
are the other core,mem speeds the same? if yes go aiw, personaly i v been using a aiw card for along time love it never had issues with it, but now im geting a 850xt and a separate tv tuner, and then upgrade to a dx10 card when it comes out (the new ati tv wonders have nice filters) the cheapest tv wonder is $59(analog only) i think and the other digital/analog is 129

btw does anyone know what is the big difference betwean a digital+analog card and a single only analog one? i know that there is a visual improvement with the digital one, but are there are any additional things that one would benefit from geting a digital(with analog) tv tuner? like more channels? beter reception/filtering noise? ability wo wach some channels that the analog tv tuner does not "broadcast" /receive?
thx