Importing .vob, .bup, .iso files with win movie maker 2.1

I used my dvd recorder to make a dvd from some old VHS-C cassettes played in
my vcr. Now I want to import these files to make a home movie with windows
movie maker 2. The files are .vob, .bup, and .iso types. They won't import.
What am I doing wrong, or not doing?

You need to search google for a convertor to get these files into avi file
types. Search for dvd ripping.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"EZ LEE" <EZLEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I used my dvd recorder to make a dvd from some old VHS-C cassettes played
in
> my vcr. Now I want to import these files to make a home movie with windows
> movie maker 2. The files are .vob, .bup, and .iso types. They won't
import.
> What am I doing wrong, or not doing?

Graham, I downloaded VirtualDubMod but I'm not sure if I'm using correctly.
It took 40 minutes to convert one .vob file on the dvd which has about 10
..vob files. The help menu wasn't very helpful. Is there anything out there
easier to use?

"EZ LEE" wrote:

> I used my dvd recorder to make a dvd from some old VHS-C cassettes played in
> my vcr. Now I want to import these files to make a home movie with windows
> movie maker 2. The files are .vob, .bup, and .iso types. They won't import.
> What am I doing wrong, or not doing?

It is a long process I'm afraid. I've never used one of these apps, but have
come across dvddecryptor, I think it's called.

--

> Graham, I downloaded VirtualDubMod but I'm not sure if I'm using
correctly.
> It took 40 minutes to convert one .vob file on the dvd which has about 10
> .vob files. The help menu wasn't very helpful. Is there anything out there
> easier to use?
>
> "EZ LEE" wrote:
>
> > I used my dvd recorder to make a dvd from some old VHS-C cassettes
played in
> > my vcr. Now I want to import these files to make a home movie with
windows
> > movie maker 2. The files are .vob, .bup, and .iso types. They won't
import.
> > What am I doing wrong, or not doing?

One trick is to use DVD Decrypter to create one single (giant) VOB file on
the hard drive, then use TMPGENC to create a MPEG2 file from that.
www.coribright.com

"EZ LEE" <EZLEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Graham, I downloaded VirtualDubMod but I'm not sure if I'm using
> correctly.
> It took 40 minutes to convert one .vob file on the dvd which has about 10
> .vob files. The help menu wasn't very helpful. Is there anything out there
> easier to use?
>
> "EZ LEE" wrote:
>
>> I used my dvd recorder to make a dvd from some old VHS-C cassettes played
>> in
>> my vcr. Now I want to import these files to make a home movie with
>> windows
>> movie maker 2. The files are .vob, .bup, and .iso types. They won't
>> import.
>> What am I doing wrong, or not doing?

You can use IMtoo (www.imtoo.com) to convert your .vob files into .mpg files.
It works well.