[SOLVED] Impossible to install Gigabyte App Center ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
Hi,
My pc components are in signature. So after last windows 11 update (KB5013943 , KB5010474, KB5013628) my Gigabyte App Center doesn't work anymore, neither do the apps included with it like RGB Fusion. I tried to uninstall them , the process didn't go as usual but icons disappeared from programmes.

Now I try to install App Center again but I get this error message: "Error 1920 service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services "

Any idea how tofix this please?

Thank you

after last windows 11 update (KB5013943 , KB5010474, KB5013628) my app center (gigabyte software) doesnt work anymore neither the apps included
i've run into many similar issues with users on Windows 11.

my first move would be to try and reset back to a Restore Point from before these updates.
if none available try uninstalling these specific Windows Updates.

if you face the same issue afterwards;
try manually uninstalling all related Gigabyte software.
it's possible that Gigabyte offers a special uninstall tool for completely removing their control software.
then reinstall everything related.

if still no good;
try a fresh OS install using the latest MS 11 install package.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i can see other people having issues with RGB Fusion not working at the moment, so it may not just be you.

What else do you use App store for? I don't like how it defaults to downloading everything installed every time. So I only ever installed it once to install RGB Fusion.

I assume they add your motherboard to this at some stage, may not need to use Fusion - https://www.signalrgb.com/

Reactions: 7medd

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
i can see other people having issues with RGB Fusion not working at the moment, so it may not just be you.

What else do you use App store for? I don't like how it defaults to downloading everything installed every time. So I only ever installed it once to install RGB Fusion.

I assume they add your motherboard to this at some stage, may not need to use Fusion - https://www.signalrgb.com/

Yes I do use it to install fusion and disable RGB
Now i'm stuck with RGB on which I dont like.
I tried to install signalRGB but I got an error .. openRGB worked though . I have RGB off. I will wait for an update from Windows or gigabyte

Last edited:

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
well It can be fixed
the problem seems to be netframework 3.5 was disabled with the last update
you have to reactivate it following this procedure , and all programs that stopped working should work fine after restart

Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows features on or off and make sure .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) and Net Framework 4.8 Advanced Services are checked

enable-net.jpg

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
That is a strange service to be turned off. It should be on by default.
Indeed. and it looks like it causes a huge variety of problems with software so you cant troubleshoot that easily. I have a lenovo laptop and vantage software wouldnt work too and I have a windows startup error message. everything is solved with this solution.

windows had to revert that update already

Status
Not open for further replies.