improve 7700k performance without oc

spyguy

Honorable
Dec 3, 2017
Is there anyway to improve 7700k performance without overclocking? I have a gtx 1080 but in some cpu intensive games I really wish I could squeeze a little more performance out. In my chips defense I think its really that some of these games don't properly utilize the hardware, im looking at you EU4

Solution

It's absolutely worth it. The 7700k boosts to 4.5GHz and that's single core only. Where as good quality chips can be overclocked up to 5GHz or even beyond.

4745454b

Titan
How would you do that? Improve the performance without OCing? I'm just wondering how you thought that was possible? To my knowledge there is no sacrifice to the gods, dance, or prayer you can do that will somehow make your CPU faster. If you find one though make sure you share.

spyguy

Honorable
Dec 3, 2017
That's why I asked, because I was unaware of any other ways to do that, except maybe I saw mention of changing cpus settings in bios from stock to something else. Im not comfortable possibly lowering the life expectancy of my cpu by oc, but I thought hey why not ask if there were some settings to mess around with.

Yea, drop the ~30 year life span to just 25 or possibly even just 20 years.

spyguy

Honorable
Dec 3, 2017

Is it really that minor?

Yes, unless you feed it with serious overvoltage it will last well beyond the point of coming obsolete.

It will void it unless you bought Intels performance tuning protection plan which means that Intel will give you a new cpu if manage to somehow kill your old one.

It's absolutely worth it. The 7700k boosts to 4.5GHz and that's single core only. Where as good quality chips can be overclocked up to 5GHz or even beyond.

Solution

spyguy

Honorable
Dec 3, 2017

I saw a video on youtube of a supposedly stable 5 or 5.1 ghz on a 7700k