[SOLVED] Improve my PC

• Thread starter Deleted member 2729451
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2729451

I have $240 to go towards upgrades for my pc, Specs shown below

CPU : Ryzen 5 2600
GPU : GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super Windforce (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WN6RVHH/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1)
MOTHERBOARD : B450M Bazooka V2 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NH5DBNZ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1)
RAM : DDR4 16GB (2x8) (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017NW5NZY/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1)
PSU : Corsair 550wat (Cant find link but if asked I will try to find out the right one)
Hardrive : Hitachi HUA722020ALA331 [1TB]
SSD ; Dont have one

I pretty much just want to upgrade anything that I can with $240.
Any help would be very nice.

[This pc is used for gaming and making videos]

Solution
Faster ram helping cpu run faster. Install Windows on the ssd, you'll love the snappiness, in general use and loading things on the fly in open world games if thats what you play. Also levels load a lot faster.

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: G.Skill Flare X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($114.99 @ Adorama)
Total: $239.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-01 22:37 EDT-0400

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Faster ram helping cpu run faster. Install Windows on the ssd, you'll love the snappiness, in general use and loading things on the fly in open world games if thats what you play. Also levels load a lot faster.

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: G.Skill Flare X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($124.99 @ Newegg)

Solution
D

Deleted member 2729451

PCPartPicker Part List

ok, thank you for the help :)

D

Deleted member 2729451

PCPartPicker Part List

I do have another question tho, something makes noise in my pc, Im pretty sure its my harddrive, would it be possible to just move to only using a ssd or bad idea?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Could be the hdd or fans, anything with moving parts can make a noise. Try pinpoint where the noise is coming from because you can use the hdd for general storage if it's still good.

Using just the ssd is fine. Maybe grab another ssd down the track to expand your games library.

Look into a cradle to mount the ssd if dont have provisions for a 2.5" drive. Or you can use double sided velcro/tape and stick it somewhere. I did the velcro way, ssds don't have moving parts so they can be put anywhere within reach.

Could also go the M2 ssd route, plugging the ssd card to the motherboard if don't want to mess with cables or cradle. These can be a bit more expensive though.

D

Deleted member 2729451

Could be the hdd or fans, anything with moving parts can make a noise. Try pinpoint where the noise is coming from because you can use the hdd for general storage if it's still good.

Using just the ssd is fine. Maybe grab another ssd down the track to expand your games library.

Look into a cradle to mount the ssd if dont have provisions for a 2.5" drive. Or you can use double sided velcro/tape and stick it somewhere. I did the velcro way, ssds don't have moving parts so they can be put anywhere within reach.

Could also go the M2 ssd route, plugging the ssd card to the motherboard if don't want to mess with cables or cradle. These can be a bit more expensive though.
Im new to building pcs, Not sure exactly what your talking about. What I got from this is to find the noise and work from there, dont I just plug a ssd in like I would with a harddrive? and U can plug ssd into GPU? I had no idea you could do that

D

Deleted member 2729451

The normal 2.5" ssds connect the same way as a hdd.

M2 has nothing to do with the graphics card. I meant motherboards have M2 slots for this type of ssd. The video will show you what it's about.

Oooh, I know what you mean now, Would there be a difference in how they work?

Reactions: boju
D

Deleted member 2729451

M2 ssds have faster transfer rates, copying large files quicker but in terms of latency, random access times, the usual sata ssd is roughly the same. I suppose loading huge games like Battlefront 2 would be quicker on an M2 ssd.
ah ok, Well I looked at my MB and it would be right underneath my GPU, Would that have space? my MB is linked in my specs

boju

Titan
Ambassador
There's plenty of room, the ssd won't impose on the gpu. Installing it might be a pita, possibly needing to take the graphics card out. But once it's in there, there shouldn't be any reason to remove it.

Had a look at the manual, your M2 slot supports both M2 Sata and M2 Nvme PCIe ssds.

Can get confusing about whats the difference between the two M2 types so ill try explain best i can. M2 is just the form factor (the slot used) and you have two types of ssds that look similar in shape and use the same connector. But each has a different path way depending how bios has been set to utilise that type of ssd which should be automatic, so shouldn't need to do anything, the motherboard should auto detect what ssd it is and apply the settings itself.

M2 Sata: Uses the motherboard's sata chipset.
M2 PCIe: Uses the PCIe express chipset. (Faster than the Sata M2 version)

Further video to explain more. There's more videos on the subject if want to look into it further.

This ssd is PCIe, can tell at the bottom of the specification, it says yes to Nvme. M2 sata ssds will say no.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JLdxFT/samsung-970-evo-10tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-mz-v7e1t0baw

D

Deleted member 2729451

There's plenty of room, the ssd won't impose on the gpu. Installing it might be a pita, possibly needing to take the graphics card out. But once it's in there, there shouldn't be any reason to remove it.

Had a look at the manual, your M2 slot supports both M2 Sata and M2 Nvme PCIe ssds.

Can get confusing about whats the difference between the two M2 types so ill try explain best i can. M2 is just the form factor (the slot used) and you have two types of ssds that look similar in shape and use the same connector. But each has a different path way depending how bios has been set to utilise that type of ssd which should be automatic, so shouldn't need to do anything, the motherboard should auto detect what ssd it is and apply the settings itself.

M2 Sata: Uses the motherboard's sata chipset.
M2 PCIe: Uses the PCIe express chipset. (Faster than the Sata M2 version)

Further video to explain more. There's more videos on the subject if want to look into it further.

This ssd is PCIe, can tell at the bottom of the specification, it says yes to Nvme. M2 sata ssds will say no.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JLdxFT/samsung-970-evo-10tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-mz-v7e1t0baw
thanks for clearing that up for me, Thanks for taking the time out of your day to help me :)