Improving Graphics memory

coolguybaddude

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
I am having AMD FX 6100 processor and ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card on GA-970A-DS3 Gigabyte motherboard with 2X4GB=8GB memory. Any help on improving graphics support for upcoming high end games. For the fact I can't even play Far Cry 3 or Hitman Absolution at their max graphics and even worse case with Sleeping Dogs. Dunno whether will be able to cope up with GTA V (if any for PC) or Watch Dogs. Is Crossfire X technology helpful or I have a poor combo for gaming?

IRONBATMAN

Honorable
I wuldn't recommend crossfire or SLI as it has too many problems. Like he said ^ , your CPU is OK , it's not something I would buy.
So what you can do to improve your current gameplay is to buy a new Graphics Card.

For around US$100 , you can get a HD 7770 , HD 7790 , HD 7750 , and GTX 650 . You get to choose a game for free when you buy the HD 7770 or the HD 7790 , but they cost more than US$100 but should cost less when on sale .

coolguybaddude

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
@LucoTF: 220V 5A 50Hz
Thnx for the reply

@IRONBATMAN: What to do with my current card. Sell it!?!?
Whether attaching it with the new one be negative for the HD7 series.
Thnx for the reply

And again "For the fact I can't even play Far Cry 3 or Hitman Absolution at their max graphics and even worse case with Sleeping Dogs."

IRONBATMAN

Honorable
I don't think it's a good idea to pair a HD 7xxx series card with an old card. So keep the old card so that in the event your new better GPU fails you , you can always just use the old card to find help.

IRONBATMAN

Honorable
For you , the best should be the HD 7750. It's quite a Good GPU , and it's not very expensive. You could play BF3 on high settings with 30+ FPS. Furthermore , it's a single slot card, and doesn't require you to connect any cables from the PSU to the GPU. It doesn't consume a lot of power , so a 380 watt PSU could work .

But may I know your PSU's full model name

coolguybaddude

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

Well I got the HD 7770 but new problems.
1. TCSC Blacklist is in ultra with good fps but AC4 BlackFlag giving poor fps.
2. Sleeping Dogs weak fps in full screen which (dnt no y) doubles in windowed mode.

Hope the forum doesn't disregards old threads..... Thanks

coolguybaddude

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
No v sync. Graphics setting maxed out in each of the three. Drivers up to date.
I am running all the three games under similar hardware, software conditions & graphics max in each.. Is something hindering AC4 & SD. Hope it's not my full HDD.

coolguybaddude

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

Sorry for late reply; but my hdd is approx 10 gbs free of half tb. Well i purchased a new Caviar green 1 tb but it didn't showed up .
I tried the windows setup to format it but that too didn't helped so i sent it back for replacement & new one is coming in a day or too.

Well can you give some software for checking how well my gpu is performing. Well not a benchmarking tool but one that shows the clock speed & other data which i can refer to & see is my gpu really performing.

Also back to psu it's the same old one.

But still the Splinter cell runs creamy but not the other two. Well if you want i can check for other softwares & games too.
Also i have tried GTA:IV EFLC & it's also good.
BF4 was smooth but SC was off the chart.
So is it the developers developing too demanding games!!!!

Real Thanks for sticking to the thread :)

IRONBATMAN

Honorable
Bad choice...

WD's caviar green series aren't very good. Their Blue and Black series for hard drives are better. But don't worry too much.

Try downloading CPUZ and GPUZ. They tell you your PC's specs.

I really think that it is a driver issue. Try looking for the forum directed at the specific game. The Steam community forums could be quite helpful. If you face a problem, most likely others have faced it too, and maybe solved it already. Sometimes, it's not your fault. It could be a bug in the game.

coolguybaddude

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
@ IRONBATMAN: I'll try other forums too & also try the game on the new HDD with all new win 7 setup.

Well for HDD Caviar Green , I think of using it as a data storage device & will turn it off with data that i am currently not using in it which is humungous.

Also I have gone through the entire net before making the purchase & have been using a half tb wd green smoothly for about 10 months.

Initial Pricing; Power Requirement; Future Upgradation; Current PSU & Usage of the HDD were some of the governing factors that made me
purchase a green instead of blue.

I think of a new SSD soon keeping both the hdd at bay. Thanks again for being on the thread.

@ RobCrezz: Well if the problem would be in all games then it would have been helpful but if you go through my last reply to ironbatman then you will find that some games run great; some smooth & some slutter & I ain't talking of Midtown Madness ;)
And always thanks for being on the thread.... :)

coolguybaddude

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
I don't know why I revive this thread but something new arose yesterday. After continous 6 hours of TCSC Blacklist the 4 pin connector on the top left corner of mobo burnt.

Actually after playing i left my cpu awake for some downloads & next day it has different types of problems. FYI:

CPU: AMD FX6100

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3

HDD: WD Caviar Green 500 GB & 1 TB each with a copy of Windows 7

Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 7770; Currently using Sapphire HD 5450

RAM: Simmtronics 2X4 GB 1300 MHz

Cabinet: Odyssey

PSU: Cabinet Mounted Odyssey Rated Capacity 450W; Actual capacity <250W (max.)
as the shopkeeper told me today after the problem; who earlier made me into buying this bullshit

I am a little bit disturbed for I wasn't made aware of the actual capacity being so low for such PSUs (not even on this thread).
Well keeping that aside I would now like few recommendations for PSU

Problems after TCSC:Blacklist & HD7770:
1. Boot Manager is missing Press ctrl+alt+delete to restart
2. Computer doesn't starts.
3. Auto restart after about 5-10 min.
4. Shutdown after Loading Windows & before Welcome Screen.

Now with 5450 it's working fine but i need a psu for 7770 & about 5, 12 mm fans coz I am still stuck with the cabinet for cooling
I dont want to be sparing more money but dont need such problems again for this setup.
Also if someone can be helpful about fan & components setup on the existing case for better airflow & ventilation I will be happy to share images for the help.
Anything Else????

coolguybaddude

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Well i came upon this forum after i already had built my rig with what knowledge I had of past 6 years of intel desktop
Well the most wrong i got was from word of mouth from here & there.
But the ram & mobo & cpu & hdd are currently doing well so Cooler Master or corsair for the 7770 & fans?
Also 550W or 600W????

coolguybaddude

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Well i got TCSC ultra at 6o fps for continuous 6 hours on what i mentioned above so am happy for now but since the psu as i say is not happy so would like true recommendations with that.
Again Cooler Master or Corsair or ????
500W or 650W????