Improving my college's internet connection for streaming...

Jul 1, 2018
I am looking for a device that will provide a better network connection while i stream, but heres the catch. This is at my college, so i have no access to the internet, other than to passively use it. I was thinking maybe a network switch, but i dont know for sure if that will amplify a internet connection, or just pass it on to another device. Maybe get a whole new modem? i really dont know, looking for the best option here. Any help is apreciated.

Solution
You can compress it down as low as possible and do standard def to get your bitrate lower.

If you have latency in games from streaming you could try QoS, edgerouter X, openwrt, ddwrt, ipfire are some of the only ones that will help with bufferbloat.
QoS won't work if the connection you get isn't stable. colleges usually have over used lines. if you do get a stable, but small amount of bandwidth QoS will help. your bandwidth @ 80% or what ever you can sacrifice needs to be very consistent. if your streaming bitrate > your upload it won't work.

what's your down/up? is latency the issue? how consistent is your bandwidth?

USAFRet

Titan

There is no magical device for this.

Are you connected via ethernet of WiFi?

You can compress it down as low as possible and do standard def to get your bitrate lower.

If you have latency in games from streaming you could try QoS, edgerouter X, openwrt, ddwrt, ipfire are some of the only ones that will help with bufferbloat.
QoS won't work if the connection you get isn't stable. colleges usually have over used lines. if you do get a stable, but small amount of bandwidth QoS will help. your bandwidth @ 80% or what ever you can sacrifice needs to be very consistent. if your streaming bitrate > your upload it won't work.

what's your down/up? is latency the issue? how consistent is your bandwidth?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS