Improving my Download speeds?

Jun 26, 2018
So i recently upgraded to Gigabyte Internet (through Infinity)

I ran speedtest multiple times and I average 700Mbs in download speeds, but, when I go to install a file (video) that's 7GBs it takes much longer then it should. I understand that my download speeds are limited by the webhosts speeds....

but the thing is, when i plug Ethernet (directly from modem, split between PC and Macbook) into my macbook, I download the video in a quarter of the time, and this is with the connection being split instead of directly to PC.....

I can't for the life of me figure out what this could be....

The Macbook is a 15' or 16' model, i plug the Ethernet into a thunderbolt adapter.....(It also has an SSD)

my pc specs:

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 MOBO

I7-2600k @3.4GHz

16 GB G.skillz RAM

GTX 1070 w/8GB VRAM

and some cheapo 2TB HDD....

Would upgrading to a SSD help with my download speeds? I'd very much like to download from my PC directly and not have to Xfer from my Macbook.

Jun 26, 2018

Okay thanks for that info.

Still, i'm not understanding why I get faster download speeds on my Mac, compared to my Windows PC....

download intel chipset drivers and download the newest ethernet driver for the ethernet chipset that used on the mb. under device manager turn off power savings. the last two thing use a high end ethernet cable. one of the new 6e or better for the speed. on your router make sure it has the newest firmware. if the router is a few years old you may want to try a newer unit.

Jun 26, 2018

Hello....

I Use CAT6 Wire

They replaced the MODEM when i upgraded to Gigabyte speed two days ago

the MOBO uses a Broadcom BCM57781 LAN port, which i cannot find updated drivers for online....

I've installed the ASrock XFAST LAN Drivers, but they're not fixing the issue.....i'm downloading video at 16MB/s....Whilst i get 64MB/s on my macbook....

Jun 26, 2018
I can't find any more information about this AWFUL LAN Port, so i bit the bullet and bought this PCIE x1, LAN Adapter......

Intel EXPI9400PT Gigabit Copper Connection....

Jun 26, 2018

Right, that was the number i was aiming for.....yet, i'm only getting 16-17 MB/s (Single 7GB File) when it's the only thing plugged into the modem, at the same time i was able to reach about 72MB/S (Same 7GB File) when Ethernet is ran through thunderbolt into my macbook....

I can't seem to figure out why, hoping this new port solves my problems