In Depth Review of Pinnacle Studio 9

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I realize that the previous ver (Studio8) had some very real stability
issues. Initially Studio9 had a big bug in it as well. Pinnacle jumped
right on it and they fixed it with a dot release. So far we are
getting excellent reports from users running the latest updates.

I think you will find this article informative. It is the most in
depth review you are going to find on Studio 9. For an inexpensive
product, it's pretty amazing what Studio 9 can do.

This article was written by Mike Shaw. Mike is a long time Pinnacle
Studio user, going all the way back to the Studio 400. He's an old
friend of the Videoguys and can be found participating in many on line
forums.

Mike runs a really cool UK based website for Pinnacle users.
http://www.mikeshaw.co.uk It began as a Studio users site, but he has
recently added several excellent articles on Pinnacle's new Liquid
Edition software. His Edition for Studio users article is a MUST read
for anyone migrating up from Studio.

We are very fortunate to have Mike as the author for our first
Videoguys' Insider Power User Story. I think old, new and future
Studio users will find this article very informative.

Check it out!
http://www.videoguys.com/Insider-Studio9.html

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance
program and FREE Tech Support
The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We are the Desk Top Video Editing and DVD Production Experts!
Sign up for the Videoguys' Insider newsletter http://www.videoguys.com/insider.html
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hmmmm..... all sounds so easy! How come it took me 2 weeks to get Pinnacle 9
installed and running properly (well, ALMOST properly.....)? If you buy it,
you really need to know your way around a PC to make it go. I had to make a
registry hack!

However...... once installed properly, it is an excellent package. Pinnacle
need to work hard on the installer in my opinion!


"Videoguy" <Videoguy@cris.com> wrote in message
news:407e713b.1932316234@news.optonline.net...
> I realize that the previous ver (Studio8) had some very real stability
> issues. Initially Studio9 had a big bug in it as well. Pinnacle jumped
> right on it and they fixed it with a dot release. So far we are
> getting excellent reports from users running the latest updates.
>
> I think you will find this article informative. It is the most in
> depth review you are going to find on Studio 9. For an inexpensive
> product, it's pretty amazing what Studio 9 can do.
>
> This article was written by Mike Shaw. Mike is a long time Pinnacle
> Studio user, going all the way back to the Studio 400. He's an old
> friend of the Videoguys and can be found participating in many on line
> forums.
>
> Mike runs a really cool UK based website for Pinnacle users.
> http://www.mikeshaw.co.uk It began as a Studio users site, but he has
> recently added several excellent articles on Pinnacle's new Liquid
> Edition software. His Edition for Studio users article is a MUST read
> for anyone migrating up from Studio.
>
> We are very fortunate to have Mike as the author for our first
> Videoguys' Insider Power User Story. I think old, new and future
> Studio users will find this article very informative.
>
> Check it out!
> http://www.videoguys.com/Insider-Studio9.html
>
> Gary
>
> Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
> We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts
>
> All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance
> program and FREE Tech Support
> The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
> We are the Desk Top Video Editing and DVD Production Experts!
> Sign up for the Videoguys' Insider newsletter
http://www.videoguys.com/insider.html
 

Susan

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2004
249
0
18,680
Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Videoguy@cris.com (Videoguy) wrote:

>I realize that the previous ver (Studio8) had some very real stability
>issues. Initially Studio9 had a big bug in it as well. Pinnacle jumped
>right on it and they fixed it with a dot release. So far we are
>getting excellent reports from users running the latest updates.
>
>I think you will find this article informative. It is the most in
>depth review you are going to find on Studio 9. For an inexpensive
>product, it's pretty amazing what Studio 9 can do.
>
>This article was written by Mike Shaw. Mike is a long time Pinnacle
>Studio user, going all the way back to the Studio 400. He's an old
>friend of the Videoguys and can be found participating in many on line
>forums.
>
>Mike runs a really cool UK based website for Pinnacle users.
>http://www.mikeshaw.co.uk It began as a Studio users site, but he has
>recently added several excellent articles on Pinnacle's new Liquid
>Edition software. His Edition for Studio users article is a MUST read
>for anyone migrating up from Studio.
>
>We are very fortunate to have Mike as the author for our first
>Videoguys' Insider Power User Story. I think old, new and future
>Studio users will find this article very informative.
>
>Check it out!
>http://www.videoguys.com/Insider-Studio9.html
>
>Gary

Gary,

I am sure you are well aware that Mike Shaw is employed by Pinnacle
and is a well known Pinnacle Sock Puppet. His review may or may not
be in-depth, but in any case it is far from being anything other than
Pinnacle corporate propaganda.

If you want to report to the group that you are distributing Pinnacle
propaganda on your site, you are perfectly free to do so. However, to
act as if you are distributing an unbiased review is nothing more than
lying.

You also well know that Studio 9, like 8 and 7 and DV and DC10 and 400
before it are all rife with bugs that nothing less than a complete
re-code will cure. You have hyped every version, and denied any of
them had bugs until the next version appeared. In each case you have
made money off customers desperately upgrading trying to find a
version that actually worked as advertised (by people such as
yourself). As a minimum, you should refrain from selling a new
version of Studio until the previous versions are at least minimally
functional.

Neither I nor my company will ever purchase anything else from
Videoguys if you continue in this type of deception. I am really
disappointed in you. Have you no shame?!?

Susan
 

igor

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2003
112
0
18,680
Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

>
> I am sure you are well aware that Mike Shaw is employed by Pinnacle
> and is a well known Pinnacle Sock Puppet. His review may or may not
> be in-depth, but in any case it is far from being anything other than
> Pinnacle corporate propaganda.

I agree 150%

>
> If you want to report to the group that you are distributing Pinnacle
> propaganda on your site, you are perfectly free to do so. However, to
> act as if you are distributing an unbiased review is nothing more than
> lying.
>

The only way I would try another Pinnacle product ever again is if
they sent me(FREE SHIPPING) a FULL version of the program(FREE),
loaded on a (FREE) PC (I would NEVER put it on my own again as a
trial) and let me use it for 6 months (FOR FREE). This gives you an
idea about how soon it will happen.

I spent a sh*tload of money on software that DOESN'T WORK, becuase I
saw these IN DEPTH reviews screaming how much better version 8 was
over version 7. Even if this product only cost $5 it would still be a
ripoff, because it DOESN'T work. 4 weeks of editing only to find out I
can't output it. Pinnacle support should be outsourced to India, I
think it will improve it. (For the record, I NEVER had to contact
support for Premiere or Vegas)


Those of you who will try to tell me that it works great for you -
CONGRATULATIONS! For everyone of you, I can produce 10 people who will
say otherwise.

It will take a miracle for me to stop putting Pinnacle down. I haven't
used it in 3 years and still p i s s e d about it. It is the worst
software I have ever seen and I have seen a lot of it in the last 10
years as a software developer.
 

igor

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2003
112
0
18,680
Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

> However...... once installed properly, it is an excellent package. Pinnacle
> need to work hard on the installer in my opinion!
>

John,

Just out of curiousity, have you COMPLETED any projects using it? Was
it easy to output and what was the rendering time like? I'm being
serious, I want to hear feedback from users, not magazines and website
"reviewers".

Thanks,

Igor.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Susan,
For those of us who do not know, could you please state to which company you
refer in your post( "Neither I nor my company ...")?

-Mark

"Susan" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:dv0u70tep5e5upggkm13ovj8l711bgr3vb@4ax.com...
> Videoguy@cris.com (Videoguy) wrote:
>
> >I realize that the previous ver (Studio8) had some very real stability
> >issues. Initially Studio9 had a big bug in it as well. Pinnacle jumped
> >right on it and they fixed it with a dot release. So far we are
> >getting excellent reports from users running the latest updates.
> >
> >I think you will find this article informative. It is the most in
> >depth review you are going to find on Studio 9. For an inexpensive
> >product, it's pretty amazing what Studio 9 can do.
> >
> >This article was written by Mike Shaw. Mike is a long time Pinnacle
> >Studio user, going all the way back to the Studio 400. He's an old
> >friend of the Videoguys and can be found participating in many on line
> >forums.
> >
> >Mike runs a really cool UK based website for Pinnacle users.
> >http://www.mikeshaw.co.uk It began as a Studio users site, but he has
> >recently added several excellent articles on Pinnacle's new Liquid
> >Edition software. His Edition for Studio users article is a MUST read
> >for anyone migrating up from Studio.
> >
> >We are very fortunate to have Mike as the author for our first
> >Videoguys' Insider Power User Story. I think old, new and future
> >Studio users will find this article very informative.
> >
> >Check it out!
> >http://www.videoguys.com/Insider-Studio9.html
> >
> >Gary
>
> Gary,
>
> I am sure you are well aware that Mike Shaw is employed by Pinnacle
> and is a well known Pinnacle Sock Puppet. His review may or may not
> be in-depth, but in any case it is far from being anything other than
> Pinnacle corporate propaganda.
>
> If you want to report to the group that you are distributing Pinnacle
> propaganda on your site, you are perfectly free to do so. However, to
> act as if you are distributing an unbiased review is nothing more than
> lying.
>
> You also well know that Studio 9, like 8 and 7 and DV and DC10 and 400
> before it are all rife with bugs that nothing less than a complete
> re-code will cure. You have hyped every version, and denied any of
> them had bugs until the next version appeared. In each case you have
> made money off customers desperately upgrading trying to find a
> version that actually worked as advertised (by people such as
> yourself). As a minimum, you should refrain from selling a new
> version of Studio until the previous versions are at least minimally
> functional.
>
> Neither I nor my company will ever purchase anything else from
> Videoguys if you continue in this type of deception. I am really
> disappointed in you. Have you no shame?!?
>
> Susan
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Yes, I have completed several projects, basically converting all my old
family vids from Hi8 via a dig 8 camcorder going in with firewire. Seem to
get very good results if you keep to about 1 hr per DVD.

Problems I had were when compiling the disk after rendering..... biggest
complaint is that after waiting for two passes through the render engine, it
bombed when compiling the disk menu with errors such as "unexpected video
content before sequence header"

I now make sure I run "Enditall2" before the final render, then render to
the HD first. It usually seems to work then.

I run on XPpro, P4-2.4, 1 gig RDRAM, separate fast firewire drive for vid.

If you can get 9 installed properly and iron out the gremlins it is a very
intuitive user interface. My biggest problems were in trying to install as
an upgrade from version 8. Had to download the "regdelete" utility from
pinnacle before it would go in, then patch it, then uninstall "intel
application accelerator" before flashing the firmware for my DVD burner,
finally reinstalling the IAA. It now works (providing that you don't try to
burn a disk directly for some reason).

If you don't understand and feel happy about this paragraph, then I would
consider something else instead!

"Igor" <igarber@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:564bfe95.0404160703.155388de@posting.google.com...
> > However...... once installed properly, it is an excellent package.
Pinnacle
> > need to work hard on the installer in my opinion!
> >
>
> John,
>
> Just out of curiousity, have you COMPLETED any projects using it? Was
> it easy to output and what was the rendering time like? I'm being
> serious, I want to hear feedback from users, not magazines and website
> "reviewers".
>
> Thanks,
>
> Igor.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:39:33 +0100, "John R"
<Dr_J_P_Ricketts@greenyonder.co.uk> wrote:


>
>Problems I had were when compiling the disk after rendering..... biggest
>complaint is that after waiting for two passes through the render engine, it
>bombed when compiling the disk menu with errors such as "unexpected video
>content before sequence header"
>

>If you can get 9 installed properly and iron out the gremlins it is a very
>intuitive user interface. My biggest problems were in trying to install as
>an upgrade from version 8. Had to download the "regdelete" utility from
>pinnacle before it would go in, then patch it, then uninstall "intel
>application accelerator" before flashing the firmware for my DVD burner,
>finally reinstalling the IAA. It now works (providing that you don't try to
>b

Wow! I had some trouble updating from 8, but nothing like that. I
have no trouble rendering to dvd. It is curious that each person
seems to have his/her own particular problem. Since 9.08 all my
various problems seem to have been fixed (I almost feel guilty). I am
just finishing a second project (will be finished in the next day or
so) that is more extensive than the first quicky I did to test 9.08.
So far no problems. Putting dvd menus, chapter flags, and then the
rendering and burning are all that's left. Ken
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Videoguy@cris.com (Videoguy) wrote in message news:<407e713b.1932316234@news.optonline.net>...
> I realize that the previous ver (Studio8) had some very real stability
> issues. Initially Studio9 had a big bug in it as well. Pinnacle jumped
> right on it and they fixed it with a dot release. So far we are
> getting excellent reports from users running the latest updates.

You call 4 lines an in-depth review?

My god.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Just hit another one last night...... I tweaked a project which previously
rendered and compiled to disk just fine. All I did was invoke the image
stabiliser because some of it was shaky, and then reduce the volume of the
backing tracks.

It is a 45 minute video, and I used all the nomal recommendations..... run
enditall2, check "mpeg audio", check "write to image".........

I left it rendering overnight (P4-2.4 1G RDRAM) and it was still registering
95-100% cpu usage 12 hours later.....!

Either it crashed in a never ending loop, or it needs longer?? Before the
tweaks, it rendered in a couple of hours!


"Ken Palmateer" <kenpalmateer@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:5ba180tcuf0tqitmiuk1qcubgouf8atpps@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:39:33 +0100, "John R"
> <Dr_J_P_Ricketts@greenyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>
> >
> >Problems I had were when compiling the disk after rendering..... biggest
> >complaint is that after waiting for two passes through the render engine,
it
> >bombed when compiling the disk menu with errors such as "unexpected video
> >content before sequence header"
> >
>
> >If you can get 9 installed properly and iron out the gremlins it is a
very
> >intuitive user interface. My biggest problems were in trying to install
as
> >an upgrade from version 8. Had to download the "regdelete" utility from
> >pinnacle before it would go in, then patch it, then uninstall "intel
> >application accelerator" before flashing the firmware for my DVD burner,
> >finally reinstalling the IAA. It now works (providing that you don't try
to
> >b
>
> Wow! I had some trouble updating from 8, but nothing like that. I
> have no trouble rendering to dvd. It is curious that each person
> seems to have his/her own particular problem. Since 9.08 all my
> various problems seem to have been fixed (I almost feel guilty). I am
> just finishing a second project (will be finished in the next day or
> so) that is more extensive than the first quicky I did to test 9.08.
> So far no problems. Putting dvd menus, chapter flags, and then the
> rendering and burning are all that's left. Ken
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

phoxetis2@yahoo.com (erik phoxie) wrote in
news:7947648b.0404171143.1c5caf7f@posting.google.com:

> Videoguy@cris.com (Videoguy) wrote in message
> news:<407e713b.1932316234@news.optonline.net>...
>> I realize that the previous ver (Studio8) had some very real
>> stability issues. Initially Studio9 had a big bug in it as well.
>> Pinnacle jumped right on it and they fixed it with a dot release.
>> So far we are getting excellent reports from users running the
>> latest updates.
>
> You call 4 lines an in-depth review?
>
> My god.

I didn't actually count the lines, but in my browser the page with the
review looks like 150-200 lines.

It took seven page-downs on a 1280x1024 screen to get to the ads at the
bottom (which makes it look more like 300 lines).

Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com