[SOLVED] In Desperate need of Help 5800x on X570 - CPU Light

May 2, 2020
Hi guys

Looking for some expert advice here. I am absolutely out of ideas and losing all hope.

Current system
X570 Tomahawk
3400g Ryzen APU
RTX 3080
2x 8GB G.Skill Neo 3600

Ok so my system in the above configuration is working fine. I updated my bios from the MSI website to v15 which is said to support the 5000 series processors. I did this while to 3400g was installed and launched from Bios.

When I install the 5800x I get a solid white CPU led on the motherboard. There is no display to my monitor, which I have tried connecting both via HDMI and Display port to HDMI adapter. I have also tried booting with one stick of RAM (Slot 2) and changed the timings to a stock profile of DDR4 3200.

I am absolutely out of ideas and to be quite honest don't even know where to start.

Is there likely to be any difference if I flash my motherboard from the motherboard switch at the back?

Thank you for your time in reading this.

May 2, 2020
Hi thanks for the reply. I plugged into the RTX 3080 as I don't have any inbuilt graphics, I hope this is right :)

The power cables to the GPU are fine as they work when I smiply change CPU without changing any cables.

I have not reset the CMOS as this is something I have never done.

Sorry this is my first build. I have been using it fine for the last few months until attempting to install the 5800x

Ok, so the system works fine when the 3400G is installed with the monitor cable going to the RTX3080?

After the BIOS update, did you confirm that the installed/running BIOS version reflects that?

Do you have the additional 4 pin connector for CPU plugged in at the top rear corner of the board? 8+4 pin total?

May 2, 2020
Yes the system works fine in that config

I checked the bios in cpu-z software it states 1.51

No I just have the 8 pin connector plugged in, is there a power issue?

May 2, 2020
I mean.....sounds like a pretty simple thing to try so you can cross it off your troubleshooting list.
Thanks for your help again. I dont seem to have a gable with 4 pin. Can I use the separate cable which is an 8 pin one side with a split 8 pin on the other side?

May 2, 2020
I think I have read that I can use the cable i stated above but am not getting too hopeful as I have seen that the extra 4 pin should only be reqquired for an extreme overclock

May 2, 2020
Generally yes, but...

Not sure what else to recommend. Clearly you've taken the 5800X out and put it back in a couple times during this process, so the "try re-seating the CPU" seems like a pointless exercise.

What PSU are you using?

I am using a corsair RM750x.

What would clearing CMOS do? You think it will make any difference?