Question In desperate need of help. Pc running very poorly.

Oct 11, 2021
Hello tomshardware members.
The past week my pc have been running games very poorly. I build my pc around 2 years ago now, and everything has been running amazing until recently, it seems to only effect my games.
My hardware;
Asus rog strix 2080 super oc
i9 9900kf
8x4 corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200 mhz
Asus rog maximus xi hero (wifi)
corsair RM750 80+ gold
NZXT kraken x52
x2 Samsung 970 evo plus 1TB
NZXT h510
I will go into more details now.
I have been using csgo to test while my pc has been acting weird, and here is a screenshot for context. The game is in 1440p with settings on low. As you will be able to see in the picture, I have 92 fps, and gpu usage of 95%. This is how my pc have been running every game I have tested such as, league of legends, rust and so on.

A few days ago, when i booted my pc up and started csgo, my fps was back to it's usual self, as you will be able to see in the screenshot, approx 571 fps with same settings as mentioned earlier. The pc felt normal and everything worked amazing, or so i thought, the next morning when I woke up, my pc was back to acting weird with very low fps, it has now been stuck like that since, and once in a while when I boot it up, the fps in games are great. If you look on the last screenshot, you will also be able to see that the gpu usage is way lower at around 58% compared to the 95% usage in the first screenshot.

I have been running some cinebench r15 tests, and i get around 2000-2050 in score, which is around the normal for a stock i9 9900k.
I have also been running some 3dmark tests, and they also seem to be as they should. I can send a screenshot of one of those, if needed.
Solutions I have tried so far;
Reset windows
Reset bios back to factory settings, and only enabled xmp. Downloaded newest and older versions of bios.
removed all drivers for gpu, cpu and motherboard and downloaded newest version and older versions.
All thermals are looking fine, from what I can see.
V-sync are disabled in NVidia control panel.
power settings is put on high performance.

I am running out of suggestions myself, for what It could be. I appreciate all the help I can get extremely much, so thank you.

Oct 11, 2021
How are you checking your thermals?
I have been using msi afterburner and rivaturner for overall view, and also nvidia experience, but that only shows gpu temp I believe.
Thermals is around 40-50C for both cpu and gpu.
Do you know how I can post pictures here, I think it would give more contexts and easy for you all to see what I am talking about.

kanewolf

Titan
Oct 11, 2021
I just tried to change the gpu with another one, and when I swapped back again, my pc ran normally again. I have no clue how this made a difference. Hopefully it works for more than just a night this time.

Oct 11, 2021
When you built this PC did you do a clean OS install?
Resetting Windows is not equivalent to a clean install.
I build the pc around 2 years ago now, never had a problem with it until recently.
But to answer your question, yes I did a clean usb install, also did one this weekend to see if it would solve the problem, sadly that wasn't the case.

Oct 11, 2021
Problem solved. I wish I could let you all know how it got solved, but I have no clue. I did some testing with another gpu in my pc and everything was running fine, and when I swapped back to my main one, it worked perfectly fine too.
Thanks for help everyone