In English PLEASE!

Lisa_162

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
I am wondering where or How can you get a recovery drive in ENGLISH for a U925t-S2130 satellite. I have tried the website paid $40.00 for the recovery drive and BOTH of the ones that were sent are in Spanish. I requested ENGLISH BOTH TIMES!!! Now I am sitting with a $700.00 paper weight. There is no phone number that allows you to really speak to a "person" in charge... WTF! Toshiba?????:kaola:

Solution
Create Windows 8 bootable usb drive.

Boot up using the usb drive. Firts you will get option to select language select English and click next. It will take you to Windows 8 installation. Instead of clicking on Install Now there will be Repair your computer on bottom left click it.

Check what options you are getting.

Lisa_162

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
It is windows 8 64bit. I have tried all of the numbers posted. I even called the corporate office. I was left to an answering machine to leave a description of my problem. it is just so sad that not once but 2 times I was sent the wrong item, and they just do not care.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if all a recovery disk does is fresh install win 8 and includes drivers for when it was 1st released, why not download the Windows 8 ISO and create your own installer in the right language, and use the key attached to PC to reinstall win 8. Then go to toshiba web site and download the drivers from there as they might be newer than what is on recovery disk anyway.

USAFRet

Titan

Well then...it isn't 'under' the battery...lol
Possibly printed on the outside of the case.

But you probably do not need it. A preinstalled latop/tablet Win 8.1 should just activate itself, if reinstalling on that same hardware.

I've done exactly that, and had it work exactly like that.

Lisa_162

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017

Create Windows 8 bootable usb drive.

Boot up using the usb drive. Firts you will get option to select language select English and click next. It will take you to Windows 8 installation. Instead of clicking on Install Now there will be Repair your computer on bottom left click it.

Check what options you are getting.

Solution