Question In game screen minimizing. Trident RGB light turn off/on when it happens

Jan 15, 2019
Playing BF5, about every 30-45 minutes, the screen will minimize back to windows and the RGB on my Trident Z ram will turn off and back on within a second when this happens. I don't get any notifications that a program requires an update or anything like that. I can only assume the 2 things are related, but this is my first build and I haven't gotten a good handle on troubleshooting issues like this. Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated.

soheilsarhangzadeh

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
Playing BF5, about every 30-45 minutes, the screen will minimize back to windows and the RGB on my Trident Z ram will turn off and back on within a second when this happens. I don't get any notifications that a program requires an update or anything like that. I can only assume the 2 things are related, but this is my first build and I haven't gotten a good handle on troubleshooting issues like this. Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated.
Since the ram LEDs are turning off at the same time, a good place to start would be memtest86: https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm
It's a free software that you put on a USB stick and boot from, just check some tutorials. Let it run a few times, and if you get any sort of errors, just post a photo. Hope it helps!

Jan 15, 2019
For those who may stumble across this thread. This issue IS the trident RGB software. kill.exe file causes screen to minimize. You can delete the file (instructions are out there) or just uninstall like I did to solve the issue.

ASK THE COMMUNITY