Diceflix

Reputable
May 22, 2016
Hi All,

I am experiencing a stuttering while playing some of the games,

my RIG are as follow:

AMD Phenom II X4-945 (95w)+AVC Cooler
MB J&W Am3
Transcend 2x2GB DDR3 PC10600 1333Mhz (Dual Ch)
Seagate HDD 320GB 7200RPM SATA III
Gigabyte Geforce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5
380w PSU (Sim-V)
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

I'm experiencing quite disturbing stuttering in Farcry 3 despite high FPS, i know the rig should handle this game well. But why is it stutter?

Sometimes CPU fan goes extremely loud for certain second and then silent down again, is it CPU overheat?

Or should i add more ram to it?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
You've got an entry level rig, so it depends.

What graphic settings and resolution are you playing on?
What load are your GPU and CPU cores when the stuttering occurs?
What are your in game GPU and CPU temperatures?
Does the stuttering occur at any particular times? or when you do something in particular? Or is it completely random?
Are all of your drivers up to date?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
You've got an entry level rig, so it depends.

What graphic settings and resolution are you playing on?
What load are your GPU and CPU cores when the stuttering occurs?
What are your in game GPU and CPU temperatures?
Does the stuttering occur at any particular times? or when you do something in particular? Or is it completely random?
Are all of your drivers up to date?

Solution

Diceflix

Reputable
May 22, 2016

Hi, Thanks for your feedback

The stutter i experienced is more like FPS drop, happens almost all the time, drivers all are up to date

i played 768p only due to monitor resolution, here's the system monitor during game

DY-k55tU0AI-3lG.jpg

Did you find any anomalies?

fps doesn't show much, try enable the graph for frametime. ideally it will be somewhat flat,

looking at your CPU, high CPU% is a clear sign of CPU bottlenecking.

What settings are you using?
With only 2Gb on the GTX1030 you'll need to trim things like AA to minimum and reduce overall details, particularly vegetation levels to keep VRAM usage within bounds.
Again, with only 4GTb of system RAM it'll be essential to close all other programs when gaming to prevent Windows from using the swap file-accessing the HDD during gameplay to load/save data that might otherwise be held in system RAM.
Also note; I've always found the Far Cry titles to run a little jittery, mouse movements are not as smooth as in many other games which gives the impression of microstuttering.

Diceflix

Reputable
May 22, 2016

I just updated the win 10 to 1709, and use game mode during the game, and hell it works, no more frequent stutter or frame drops (its still there but significantly decreased) fps also improving.

I was wondering that i should upgrade several hardware before, however i conduct research and found that actually nvidia driver and windows update causes stutter and fps drop in general cases thats why im not sure to invest another hardware if the problem laid on softwares, its risking my wallet haha.

Fortunately i try the updates and game mode last night.

TRENDING THREADS