Question In-Game Stuttering with new GPU Install

Nov 19, 2022
Hello all, so I recently installed a new GPU into my PC I built, replacing a 2060 Super with a 3060ti. My PC never had an inkling of a problem prior to this. After installing the new GPU I am getting much better FPS but I stutter in every game with some stutters lasting more than others. It only occurs In-Game and not on the internet or YouTube or stuff like that.

I have reinstalled Windows twice, reinstalled drivers dozens of times, and tried basically everything I have found on the internet. I now believe there is some sort of PSU issue where the GPU isn't getting enough power. I dont know if its a faulty GPU either because all my benchmarks say it is performing very well. Please help.

Specs:
ASUS RTX 3060ti Dual OC
Ryzen 7 5800X (Noctua Fan)
32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
750W Bronze Rated Corsair PSU
Teamgroup 1TB SSD
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max Motherboard
Corsair 4000D Airflow w/ 5 fans

Hello all, so I recently installed a new GPU into my PC I built, replacing a 2060 Super with a 3060ti. My PC never had an inkling of a problem prior to this. After installing the new GPU I am getting much better FPS but I stutter in every game with some stutters lasting more than others. It only occurs In-Game and not on the internet or YouTube or stuff like that.

I have reinstalled Windows twice, reinstalled drivers dozens of times, and tried basically everything I have found on the internet. I now believe there is some sort of PSU issue where the GPU isn't getting enough power. I dont know if its a faulty GPU either because all my benchmarks say it is performing very well. Please help.

Specs:
ASUS RTX 3060ti Dual OC
Teamgroup 1TB SSD

Hey there,

Which exact model/make PSU do you have?

Reactions: jcskating
Thanks for getting back to me, this is the exact PSU.

CORSAIR CX750M V2 (2017 Edition) CP-9020154-NA 750 W ATX12V v2.4 / EPS12V 2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Semi-Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Ah, okay. Yes, that PSU is not the best, but certainly not the worst either. With that said, not really suitable for a higher end gaming system. Maybe bring to local repair store and get them to swap out the PSU with something better, and see if the issues persist. Then you can buy one if needed.

I'd stick with Corsair but go for RMx/RMi/RM/TXm (2021).

Nov 19, 2022
Ah, okay. Yes, that PSU is not the best, but certainly not the worst either. With that said, not really suitable for a higher end gaming system. Maybe bring to local repair store and get them to swap out the PSU with something better, and see if the issues persist. Then you can buy one if needed.

I'd stick with Corsair but go for RMx/RMi/RM/TXm (2021).
Ok, thank you. I will give this a try today. So something fully modular or would that matter?

Nov 19, 2022

I have spent the past 96 hours doing everything I could find on the internet to fix this, including but not limited to:

• Reinstalled Windows 10 (Two times)
  • Used DDU to remove drivers, then reinstalled them (Roughly 5 Times)
  • Various NVCP configurations
  • Using G-Sync, V-Sync
  • Capping FPS lower than monitor refresh rate
  • Updating BIOS and Firmware for all PC components
  • Several Powershell changes
  • Many other fixes I have found
  • Tested GPU on other PC
  • Tested brand new GPU on my PC
  • Bought a new 1000 Watt Gold Rated Power Supply

Please help me if you have any knowledge of something that can help me, and as a note, if it something commonly seen as a fix on the internet, I more than likely have tried it. I do not know what to do and am considering selling my PC for parts and starting from the ground up. I know this problem is more than likely connected to drivers in some way, but I just do not know how to fix it. I even brought it to the highest rated "Computer Guy" near me and he was unable to diagnose the problem. Thank you in advance
Below Are My Specs and UserBenchmark Results
UserBenchmarks: Game 144%, Desk 110%, Work 141%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - 110.8%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060-Ti - 130%
SSD: Team TM8FP6001T 1TB - 180.1%
SSD: Microsoft Storage Space Device 2TB - 109.5%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 4x8GB - 95.6%
MBD: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX (MS-7B86)

Specs:
ASUS RTX 3060ti Dual OC
Teamgroup 1TB SSD

Samsung 2 TB HDD

Windows 10 64 Bit

Nov 19, 2022

I have spent the past 96 hours doing everything I could find on the internet to fix this, including but not limited to:

• Reinstalled Windows 10 (Two times)
  • Used DDU to remove drivers, then reinstalled them (Roughly 5 Times)
  • Various NVCP configurations
  • Using G-Sync, V-Sync
  • Capping FPS lower than monitor refresh rate
  • Updating BIOS and Firmware for all PC components
  • Several Powershell changes
  • Many other fixes I have found
  • Tested GPU on other PC
  • Tested brand new GPU on my PC
  • Bought a new 1000 Watt Gold Rated Power Supply

Please help me if you have any knowledge of something that can help me, and as a note, if it something commonly seen as a fix on the internet, I more than likely have tried it. I do not know what to do and am considering selling my PC for parts and starting from the ground up. I know this problem is more than likely connected to drivers in some way, but I just do not know how to fix it. I even brought it to the highest rated "Computer Guy" near me and he was unable to diagnose the problem. Thank you in advance
Below Are My Specs and UserBenchmark Results
UserBenchmarks: Game 144%, Desk 110%, Work 141%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - 110.8%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060-Ti - 130%
SSD: Team TM8FP6001T 1TB - 180.1%
SSD: Microsoft Storage Space Device 2TB - 109.5%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 4x8GB - 95.6%
MBD: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX (MS-7B86)

Specs:
ASUS RTX 3060ti Dual OC