[SOLVED] In need of a headset

Joel89

Prominent
May 2, 2020
My Turtle Beach Ear Force X11's are biting the big one finally after all these years. Anyone know of a decent replacement? 14-16 foot cable is a must. Been looking all over to no avail and BB customer service keeps sending me links to headsets that have 5 foot cables. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks!

Solution
Not many headphones have such a long cable, but extenders or replacement cables are easy to find.

HyperX Cloud Alpha are good and have a removable cable so you can replace it with any aftermarket 4 pole cable. Cooler Master MH751 are also very good, more comfortable than the Alphas, sound is more flatter across the frequencies, the Alphas have a more fun to listen to low end but are not as clear.

I bought a used set of Cloud Alphas for $50 or 60 in like new shape, so that is a good option if you don't want to spend near $100.

Corsair HS60 Pro are good and $50 right now, have a USB sound card included, even though the cord is 6' you can use a USB extender for the sound card and have that going from the PC to the desk, or use a 4...

RyanJG4321

Reputable
Feb 13, 2019
If you want a cable that long wouldnt you be better to have a wireless heasdset, or is it a important for you to have it through AUX? Personally I can vouch for Corsairs Void Pro headset, I used the wired type, however they do also offer a wireless type.

Reactions: Joel89

Joel89

Prominent
May 2, 2020
If you want a cable that long wouldnt you be better to have a wireless heasdset, or is it a important for you to have it through AUX? Personally I can vouch for Corsairs Void Pro headset, I used the wired type, however they do also offer a wireless type.
Thanks for that I'll look into it. I like wired over wireless because I don't have to charge a wired headset. I tend to forget to charge things and would prefer a cable. I like the freedom that a long cable offers. Oops I left something over there and I can get it without yanking the cable out of the port. I mean I could probably get away with a 10-12ft cable but the 16ft I have now is kinda like the base I'm looking for. I'm not opposed to getting extensions if I have to.

Reactions: RyanJG4321
Not many headphones have such a long cable, but extenders or replacement cables are easy to find.

HyperX Cloud Alpha are good and have a removable cable so you can replace it with any aftermarket 4 pole cable. Cooler Master MH751 are also very good, more comfortable than the Alphas, sound is more flatter across the frequencies, the Alphas have a more fun to listen to low end but are not as clear.

I bought a used set of Cloud Alphas for $50 or 60 in like new shape, so that is a good option if you don't want to spend near $100.

Corsair HS60 Pro are good and $50 right now, have a USB sound card included, even though the cord is 6' you can use a USB extender for the sound card and have that going from the PC to the desk, or use a 4 pole extender.

Reactions: Joel89
Solution

Joel89

Prominent
May 2, 2020

Corsair HS60 Pro are good and $50 right now, have a USB sound card included, even though the cord is 6' you can use a USB extender for the sound card and have that going from the PC to the desk, or use a 4 pole extender.
Hey, Yeah I'll check those out. I don't remember why I ever got the Ear Force X-11's as I have never had an XBox but that what they were designed for. Fortunatly for me they work great in my pc. Just recently lost sound in the right ear piece and the cushion for the boom has been missing for a while. I like saving money so I will have to check these out. I saw a pair of the X-11's on ebay for like $40 brand new still in the package I just didn't have the funds and now that I do they got sold. Pretty sure the guy who bought them is selling them on Amazon right now for a crap load. Anyways, Thanks for the reccomendations!