Question In need of a new graphics card.

Jan 4, 2022
Dear people,

I'm looking to upgrade my setup a bit.
Really struggling to get around 100+ fps on Warzone and other games.
I run a triple monitor setup at 2560x1440 - 165hz.

Current specs as per below.

CPU
Intel core i7 @ 3.7 GHZ Coffee Lake

RAM
16 GB Dual Channel@ 1500 MHz

Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Z370-A PRO(MS-7B48)

Triple monitor MSI G27CQ4 - 2560x1440 - 165hz.

GPU
Nividia Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB Gaming MSI

What can I upgrade that will help me with my frames and make gaming just smoother in general?
Not looking to upgrade every single item, just bit by bit, and good enough parts so I dont have to upgrade in the upcoming year already.

Thanks in advance.

Well, it isn't going to be cheap because graphics cards are astronomical in price right now and there are no signs of that changing in the near future, but for a triple 1440p display configuration I think you clearly want to target something like GTX 2080 ti, 3070 or higher. And that is the upgrade you likely want to go with as your Coffee lake i7 should still be pretty viable for most games unless you are playing a title that is specifically VERY CPU intensive, in which case that might have a much larger impact on frame rates, but for most games especially with that many pixels to push, the GPU is going to be the biggest factor.

Reactions: GlennKass
Jan 4, 2022
Well, it isn't going to be cheap because graphics cards are astronomical in price right now and there are no signs of that changing in the near future, but for a triple 1440p display configuration I think you clearly want to target something like GTX 2080 ti, 3070 or higher. And that is the upgrade you likely want to go with as your Coffee lake i7 should still be pretty viable for most games unless you are playing a title that is specifically VERY CPU intensive, in which case that might have a much larger impact on frame rates, but for most games especially with that many pixels to push, the GPU is going to be the biggest factor.

Noted thanks a lot.

if your gaming on all 3 monitors a new video card for sure like a 3080ti.

Edit a few on the Newegg Shuffle today if your in the US lowest price 1500 bucks.

I think i will aim for a 3070 or 3080.
Are both compatible with my CPU and motherboard?
Or will that require an upgrade also?

Jan 21, 2022
Dear people,

I'm looking to upgrade my setup a bit.
Really struggling to get around 100+ fps on Warzone and other games.
I run a triple monitor setup at 2560x1440 - 165hz.

Current specs as per below.

CPU
Intel core i7 @ 3.7 GHZ Coffee Lake

RAM
16 GB Dual Channel@ 1500 MHz

Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Z370-A PRO(MS-7B48)

Triple monitor MSI G27CQ4 - 2560x1440 - 165hz.

GPU
Nividia Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB Gaming MSI

What can I upgrade that will help me with my frames and make gaming just smoother in general?
Not looking to upgrade every single item, just bit by bit, and good enough parts so I dont have to upgrade in the upcoming year already.

Thanks in advance.
3080, 3060 or 3060 ti go for it

I think i will aim for a 3070 or 3080.
Are both compatible with my CPU and motherboard?

Yes, pretty much any graphics card that's been released in the last six or seven years, at the least, will work fine with your motherboard and CPU.

If you can afford it, the 3080 would be the much better option for triple 1440p. That's an awful lot of pixels to push, even at moderate settings.

Jan 4, 2022
What PSU do you have?

850watt i believe.
Yes, pretty much any graphics card that's been released in the last six or seven years, at the least, will work fine with your motherboard and CPU.

If you can afford it, the 3080 would be the much better option for triple 1440p. That's an awful lot of pixels to push, even at moderate settings.

Thank you for the advice, is the below one a good one to buy? Definitely looking for a 3080, but so many brands not sure which ones the best and also price wise.

https://www.alternate.nl/html/produ...ign=Tweakers_Grafische kaart&utm_term=1769541