[SOLVED] In need of a script to crash a computer or block all logins

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 13, 2019
I have a laptop that has an agent on it to where I can push a script or monitor it if needed. The laptop should have been returned however it has not yet. It does have bitlocker on it along with a pin. The downside is that it has been turned off for a while and I can't login remotely. It's not hooked up to the domain either so group policy is out. I need a script that can either block all users, specifically domain if possible, or to make a computer completely unusable unless windows reinstalled. We have the recovery key available here so I'm not beyond changing pins or anything else. I need to make sure that the user who has it, can't access anything on the hard drive or turn on the computer or login. Something along those lines. Whatcha got?

It's a HIPAA compliancy issue. The user was a remote user so we log them in through the domain and then disconnected from the domain so that they could actually login still. So the credentials are still on the computer. The user left the company and was supposed to turn the computer in however that didn't happen yet because they are supposedly lazy. But due to the timeframe it's getting close to HIPAA violation

Contact your managers, they will know what to do. Security (not admins, physical security and asset protection people) are there for this. HR also, they can contact the person and get them to send it in. Keeping their computer at this point is theft. People involve law enforcement for this type of stuff.