Jan 7, 2020
Specs
  • Asrock B450M Motherboard
  • Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
  • Ryzen 5 3600 w/ After Market Cooler
  • 1 TB Hard Drive, 1 TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD, 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
  • G.Skill Flare X Dual Channel DDR4 Ram (CL14 Kit, 16 GB) F4-3200C14D-16GFX
  • EVGA 500W 80+ PSU (Power Supply)

I first built my pc 2 years ago with a brand new Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB graphics card. In those two years it hasn’t failed me once. I’ve had faulty ram before but never a faulty GPU. I recently upgraded my MOBO, CPU, RAM, and STORAGE this last christmas. Everything was working great up until today. I went to bed without changing anything only to wake up to my monitor saying “No Signal”. I tried different cables, I tried reseating the graphics card and the ram, I tried moving my pc to a different outlet, I tried removing all peripherals and booting only with a monitor attached, I tried a different monitor, and I know my monitor isn’t the problem because my fire stick works on it and so does my PS4. I feel as if it’s either my GPU going bad or my PSU going bad. I also took the CMOS battery out and put it back in for safe measures. Like said before, my pc was running perfectly with the same settings from christmas to now until this morning when I received “No Signal” from my GPU. My GPU has been running at the same STABLE overclock for the past week as well, and I made sure it was stable by testing in Furmark and various other benchmarks for extended periods of time. What is the problem, and how do I fix it?

Lutfij

Titan
If you performed a motherboard(and CPU, ram) upgrade, did you reinstall the OS after creating the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? You might want to also see if you can get into BIOS screen.

Given that PSU is 2 years old, you should try and source a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor that is reliably built and has 550W of power to the entire system. See if that changes your experience.

Jan 7, 2020
If you performed a motherboard(and CPU, ram) upgrade, did you reinstall the OS after creating the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? You might want to also see if you can get into BIOS screen.

Given that PSU is 2 years old, you should try and source a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor that is reliably built and has 550W of power to the entire system. See if that changes your experience.
I did not reinstall the OS because I didn’t need to at the time, and I can’t since I still get no signal and my friend has a power supply and a graphics card I can try so I’m gonna do that

Jan 7, 2020
Could your 'no signal' be caused by it trying to load Windows? In other words, have you tried to enter BIOS when you turn on your PC? You need to repeatedly hit the 'delete' key right after pressing the power on button.
Nothing shows, just a black screen that says “No Signal” when powered on, even if I did enter my bios the only way I would know is by the changing speed of my pc fans. My keyboard comes on like it normally would, still no signal though.

Jan 7, 2020

Given that PSU is 2 years old, you should try and source a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor that is reliably built and has 550W of power to the entire system. See if that changes your experience

I received a graphics card from a friend and I still have the same exact issues, the card I received is a RX 480 and it works on his system. I’m thinking it’s either windows, my PSU, or idk but I don’t know how I would even be able to change anything in Windows given that nothing shows on my monitor except no signal.[/QUOTE]

Jan 7, 2020
stick with 1 thread
Specs
  • Asrock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard
  • Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
  • Ryzen 5 3600 w/ After Market Cooler
  • 1 TB Hard Drive, 1 TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD, 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
  • G.Skill Flare X Dual Channel DDR4 Ram (CL14 Kit, 16 GB) F4-3200C14D-16GFX
  • EVGA 500W 80+ PSU (Power Supply)
So, here we are. I’ve done quite a bit of testing trying to figure out my “No Signal” problem. I thought it was my GPU but it wasn’t, I thought it was my PSU but it wasn’t, tested my RAM wasn’t that either, I’ve arrived at the conclusion that’s it’s either my CPU or Motherboard that’s causing this problem. My PC successfully boots every time but I still get no signal so that means I CANNOT mess with my windows or BIOS settings because my monitor doesn’t display anything when my GPU is seated into this motherboard. I’ve tried every port on my GPU, a different card, different cables, and a different monitor so I know for sure it isn’t my monitor either or the cables. I have another CPU and MOBO (not compatible with Ryzen 3 Series) that boots with my GPU, RAM, PSU, STORAGE, and Monitor. Remember my PC boots successfully, I just don’t get a signal on my monitor. Also, this problem wasn’t happening 7 hours ago (when I went to bed I powered off my PC the correct way like normal) and when I woke up I was met by this problem

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020
Ah my bad, I missed that in the original post. You talked about borrowing another graphics card and power supply, you mentioned a graphics card but did you manage to borrow a PSU? That's the only thing left that I can think of.
No I didn’t manage to get one, I tested my PSU with a different MOBO and CPU and everything booted well and my current setup boots like it’s supposed to as well but nothing shows up on my monitor, it’s weird because yesterday it was fine, and literally 7 hours later this starts happening

Hmmm, given the above I'd be inclined to think it's not your PSU. Forgive me if I've missed it above, but have you tried with just one stick of RAM? I'm presuming you have, as you refer to running the board with just basic hardware hooked up.

It's certainly an odd one that's for sure.