In need of help!

Jarm__

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2017
Hello friends,

I have yet come to you for your help again. I have a motherboard called a GIGABYTE ga-945gcm-s2c now thing is, it goes up to 1066 FSB, but if i overclock something in the bios it allows me to use 1333FSB CPUs (I currently use an e8200), now I'd like to upgrade to a core2quad 9550-9650. Is it technically possible for it to work, if it's in the support list?
Another question is if I buy an Xeon cpu would it work in it? (Xeon 5440)
Would an Xeon CPU work if the corresponding C2Q is in the cpu support list?

Solution
Specifications:
1.Support for an Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme processor/ Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor/Intel® Pentium® D processor/ Intel® Pentium® 4 processor/ Intel® Celeron® processor in the LGA 775 package (Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest CPU support list.)

Intel 945GC Chipset release date was May, 2005. It supports some Pentium 4, Pentium D, Celeron D, Core 2 Duo, Pentium Dual-Core. CPU Support list will have a N/A for CPUs that have no BIOS support. N/A means not available.

Your Xeon also has 4 CPU cores so that is also not supported. NO QUAD CORE support on that Chipset.
Specifications:
1.Support for an Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme processor/ Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor/Intel® Pentium® D processor/ Intel® Pentium® 4 processor/ Intel® Celeron® processor in the LGA 775 package (Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest CPU support list.)

Intel 945GC Chipset release date was May, 2005. It supports some Pentium 4, Pentium D, Celeron D, Core 2 Duo, Pentium Dual-Core. CPU Support list will have a N/A for CPUs that have no BIOS support. N/A means not available.

Your Xeon also has 4 CPU cores so that is also not supported. NO QUAD CORE support on that Chipset.

Solution