Question In need of help!

Jun 24, 2019
So today I replaced my CPU (Ryzen 5 1400 to Ryzen 5 2600x) and GPU (GTX 1050ti to GTX 1660ti). I also changed some of the wiring to make the inside look neater and plugged everything back where it was. Every plug is back where it came from and there is nothing loose, I’ve checked everything, I’ve tried putting my old cpu and gpu back in still no luck. For some reason there so 0 output to the monitor and the pc won’t turn off via the power switch, it will turn on, but not off! Any idea guys? Also there are 2 lights on top of the pc, one red light with a battery logo next to it and a green one with a lightning icon next to it, neither of these light up when I turn the pc on

Last edited:
So today I replaced my CPU (Ryzen 5 1400 to Ryzen 5 2600x) and GPU (GTX 1050ti to GTX 1660ti). I also changed some of the wiring to make the inside look neater and plugged everything back where it was. Every plug is back where it came from and there is nothing loose, I’ve checked everything, I’ve tried putting my old cpu and gpu back in still no luck. For some reason there so 0 output to the monitor and the pc won’t turn off via the power switch, it will turn on, but not off! Any idea guys? Also there are 2 lights on top of the pc, one red light with a battery logo next to it and a green one with a lightning icon next to it, neither of these light up when I turn the pc on

Did you put BOTH the old processor back and the old GPU back?

If you don't have enough power, AND the BIOS isn't updated to handle Zen+, then unless you put both back, then it won't boot.

If you reset the BIOS (CMOS jumper reset) and put both back, then I'm afraid you might have fried something on the motherboard. Luckily B450 motherboards are as cheap as $60. I have a decent B450M Steel Legend series (ASRock) for $80. It's decent, not great. But it works.

Jun 24, 2019
Did you put BOTH the old processor back and the old GPU back?

If you don't have enough power, AND the BIOS isn't updated to handle Zen+, then unless you put both back, then it won't boot.

If you reset the BIOS (CMOS jumper reset) and put both back, then I'm afraid you might have fried something on the motherboard. Luckily B450 motherboards are as cheap as $60. I have a decent B450M Steel Legend series (ASRock) for $80. It's decent, not great. But it works.
This has made progress, I now have a blue light next to the lightning icon on the top of my pc case, but the red light next to the battery icon is not lit and still no output, any suggestion?