[SOLVED] In need of new cooler for i5 3570k

Apr 28, 2020
Hey guys so thanks to a super helpful user on Reddit I was able to figure out my current aio pump has broken. So I guess I’m in the market for a new cooler.

https://streamable.com/s7aqbn

Specs: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77 Extreme4 mobo, RX480 in a Antec P180 case.

I bought this pc from a friend quite a while ago and has worked extremely well until today. At this point I’m really only looking for a new cooler but i have considered a new case. However I’d rather just get a new cooler.

As far as i understand aio are becoming much more common especially for OC. The aio I had was an older Corsair 120mm model. I was wondering if I could get away with an air cooler as it seems easier to use. I haven’t really touched anything regarding OC in the time I’ve had this pc. So do I have to find something that fits my mobo? Any suggestions?

Apr 28, 2020
Yeah, you sure can. The beauty in your platform is that the socket's cooler mounting holes hasn't changed so you can drop any cooler on the market that supports LGA 115x. Your existing cooler looks like a Corsair H80i.

Thanks, I’m glad. A little pissed that this happened and I think I’m gonna have to take out the mobo. Was looking at the Hyper 212 Evo as it seems to have good reviews and is relatively cheap. Yeah I think I found that the aio was the h80 from 2013.

Apr 28, 2020
An air cooler is fine. Either of these would be plenty, for your chip.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX GT 29.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($48.35 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400R 74.34 CFM CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $73.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-05 13:40 EDT-0400

Thanks, I’ll check these out. I am in Canada so the prices are a little different. Was looking at the hyper 212 evo for about 44$ any idea how it compare to the deep cools?