Question In need of new router and modem / Internet speed advice

Nico Da Ninja

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
I'm trying to establish internet in my new house with 5 other roommates (6 people total). We have 6 phones and 6 laptops, 1 gaming pc(might try to hardwire), 2 hd streaming TV's, 2 XBOX's. The house is a 2 story, 6 bedroom house; 2 on the ground, 4 upstairs plus 2 bath. Don't know the square footage but it's not really a big house. At the height of use: all 6 phones will be on, someone streaming a show, the pc playing games and a couple people doing homework/surfing on their laptops. Probably wont be at peak use very often, maybe once a week
Internet speed:
I want to be able to have decently fast, not too expensive internet without the frustrating buffers and high ping. I was thinking xfinity's 150 Mbps (40$ a month)or 250 Mbps (60$ a month). Will 150 be enough?
Router/Modem:
I want something not too expensive, hopefully less than 200 bucks for the modem and router but also good enough for some room for future proofing.
I was thinking the NETGEAR CM700 Modem paired with the NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk Router. Does this setup suffice? Reply with advice or changes to this setup. Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
All devices which are stationary should be hard wired. TVs, XBox, Gaming PCs, etc should be hard wired. Mobile devices should be on 5Ghz WIFI. With a multi-story house, you would get best WIFI with a WIFI access point on each floor.
Some of your money should be spent on getting ethernet cables installed.

Nico Da Ninja

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
All devices which are stationary should be hard wired. TVs, XBox, Gaming PCs, etc should be hard wired. Mobile devices should be on 5Ghz WIFI. With a multi-story house, you would get best WIFI with a WIFI access point on each floor.
Some of your money should be spent on getting ethernet cables installed.
Thanks for the advice, I agree. I will definitely try to get the pc hardwired and maybe the TV. Consoles sometimes move around but we'll see about hardwiring those.