In need of some help, losing my hair over here. . . :(

amaruz

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Ive posted this else where, and have not figured out the issue yet. So.. here we goooo.

Alright, well lately I've been getting a series of bluescreens. I've had windows 7 on this system and had them... Upgraded to windows 8.1 and they are still present. So Im pretty much running on a fresh install of windows right now. I have a few things installed, a game here and there that i was using for testing my computer( SC2,Diablo,League).
Ive done all my windows updates, ive updated my bios and ive updated drivers. Ive tried things like re-seating connections as well as the ram and video card.
Here is a pastebin from WhoCrashed
pastebin
and then some more info here.
Errors
Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Ive ran memtest a couple times, last one for about 12 hours at work... every time no errors.
Edit 2: sorry, the link code did not transfer over.

amaruz

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Sorry, i should of went in to the hardware a little bit more. i have matching crucial ballistix (2x4g) 1600 of ram.

The blue screens are kinda random.
Ive had it happen during start up, ive had it alt-tabbing from a game to desktop, ive had it happen where i just come back from idle, ive had it happen mid game of starcraft.

ive been trying to recreate the crash running 1 stick of ram.. but i cant. haha
Ive been swapping ram out in to different slots and sticks...When i do that, no bluescreens.
Is it possible that only the dual channel part could be screwed up or something?

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
It could be a motherboard problem, perhaps some drivers got corrupted during installation, or perhaps it is hardware related.
The reason why I ask if your sticks of RAM match or not is because you may have some faulty ram! Very possible, and could be the core of your problem.
Perhaps you have a buddy that is willing to switch RAM and see if it happens in his system or if it helps yours.

Regards.

amaruz

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Yeah...Ive asked, my friends suck, and dont have any. haha

So what would you do to attempt to troubleshoot this, other then getting new ram to test it out.
Ive also ran sfc/scannow
and Dlg( harddrive checker) everything came back ok.

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Being CCNA certified, the number one thing I test first is all physical connections, but you said you already did so.
You said switching your stick placement seemed to help. Try out such configuration for 2 days or so and see if it happens. Try "stress testing" too. If such a configuration works out, then its a mobo hardware issue or driver issue (dual channel driver that is).
Also, run your anti-virus to see if anything happens.
Finally, this could be part of your PSU. If you still get BSODs after switching RAM placement, and you have no viruses, probable cause may be your PSU. Information of this would be appreciated.
I will not be able to post further replies until tomorrow, until then, good luck.

Regards.

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
My Jimmies are always rustled on this forum.
I hope you've made progress since, as I cannot do much more than await your reply on the situation at hand.
You should check over your mobo drivers again.

Regards.

Windows kernel PFN database was corrupted. this database tracks what physical memory is being used. The most common reason for this will be drivers overwriting kernel memory.

You could also have hardware issue where a physical memory block is being relocated after the memory has been initialized by OS data structures. This is a type of thermal damage to circuits where the thermal expansion and contraction causes stress on the solder joints to the point that a solder link between a chip's leg and its pad on the circuit board is broken. When the circuit is cool, the leg contracts away from the pad and breaks the circuit. When the circuit (chip) heats up the leg expands and makes a connection again. If this happens to a memory chip address line, the effect will be that the memory blocks will move around under the OS and the memory mapping will be incorrect and the OS may detect this and generate the bugcheck you have seen.

These type of defects are very hard to locate. I have found these on memory sticks but had to pull off the heat sinks and look at them under a stereo scope to confirm the defect.

You might try and configure your memory to run in single channel mode and swap your memory chip slots.
(do this in the hope you can move the defect from kernel memory to user memory space)

- often you can isolate the bad solder joint or confirm the issue by using a heat gun on the suspect circuit
for example, heat the memory up before you turn on the computer.

in terms of drivers: lots of the early USB 3.0 chips and SATA 6 GB chips have driver issues that cause memory corruption.

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I wouldn't go as far to see that it's a specific motherboard issue, let alone thermal issues, as many people can get this issue and have different fixes/problems. I did, and would, say that it is a specific issue with your RAM, so that part I agree on.
John also restated what I said, try different memory slots in to single channel instead of your current dual channel mode.

Regards.

amaruz

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Yeah, i dont have access to any of those tools that you named. And probably would miss it even if i did. Now would those thermal defects you talked about be located on the ram chips? or could something like that be happening to somethign on the motherboard?

Now what i have done during the week before i posted.. has been running the system on 1 chip. the system didnt blue screen with either chip after running for 12-24 hours. But then again, i havent been able to run stuff to well, as i get pretty bad lag with only 4g. So ive left it idle with 1 stick and basic browsing and didnt have issues.
I also swapped around to different slots.
It seems to only happen when 2 sticks are in.
I ordered new ram, going to give that a shot. See what happens.

Ill also take a look at Sata drivers.. would they be located on the Mobo website?

Thank you both very much for your guys' input on this. Most feed back ive gotten from anywhere. heh.

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
That would have been my final solution as well. I wouldn't mess with anymore hardware than I have to. And yes, you can find your drivers by searching your motherboard and going to the manufacturers page, then finding downloads there for the drivers.
Tomshardware is probably the best computer support community out there, all posters are here to serve. Hence why my Jimmies for to be forever rustled.
Hopefully your solution fixes your issue, if it persists then post here again.

Regards.