[SOLVED] In need to replace my fan

Hi,so about 6 months ago i ordered a 1$ 80mm rear exhaust fan of of aliexpress for my build.First off the screws didnt come with so i had to take 1 screw away from my 3 fans at the front so the rear exhaust fan could be mounted.Seconds off all the fan is "unstable",the fan it self looks like its not mounted correctly so it always moving out of its motor.Third off all the thing is noisy ,i guarante 90% of the noise coming from my pc is because of it,since its always going 100% speed.Fifth of all,every time i turn on my pc,the fan is making contact with the metal that it is mounted to and i always have to fix it with my screwdriver.What im trying to point out here is that i need a 80mm fan,that is not noisy,comes with screws,and its controlable via software.These are the fans in my shop:
CHIEFTEC Ventilator AF-0825S 80mm
CHIEFTEC Ventilator AF-0825PWM 80mm

judging by the name,the second one is a PWM fan,which probably has a software,right? or some sort of manual control
So should i go for the second one?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Chieftec also make PSU's...the answer to anything with a Chieftec on the sticker of the product, is to ditch it or have it as a paperweight.

You should look at fans made by Noctua or pretty much any brand out there, since they will either bundle rubber dampeners or self tapping screws for the fan mount.

Lutfij

Titan
Chieftec also make PSU's...the answer to anything with a Chieftec on the sticker of the product, is to ditch it or have it as a paperweight.

You should look at fans made by Noctua or pretty much any brand out there, since they will either bundle rubber dampeners or self tapping screws for the fan mount.

Solution
the screws didnt come with so i had to take 1 screw away from my 3 fans at the front so the rear exhaust fan could be mounted.
Seconds off all the fan is "unstable",the fan it self looks like its not mounted correctly so it always moving out of its motor.
Third off all the thing is noisy AF,i guarante 90% of the noise coming from my pc is because of it,since its always going 100% speed.
Fifth of all,every time i turn on my pc,the fan is making contact with the metal that it is mounted to and i always have to fix it with my screwdriver.
Install your fan properly.
If you used only single screw to secure your fan, then it's going to be shaky and make all kinds of noises during operation.

Reactions: Dj0gany

i would love to buy some higher quality fans like this one https://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/506 but the problem is that only those 2 chieftec fans are in stock and the only affordable ones,since im sawing up for a ryzen combo.