In over my head— boot up trouble

G

Ok guys, I could use some help— and it goes without saying Im a little over my head here. A friend of mine gave me this computer and we were able to get it going but, now after a four day vacation it doesn’t seem to want to turn on again.

When we first got it going, we had to put in a blue pin (cmos jumper) in the middle right of the mother board (connects 2 of 3 prongs) and when we did that it booted up. However, for some reason, now, it doesn’t want to boot up even though I have tried to connected the blue pin thing (cmos jumpers) to the other prongs and back. It doesn’t seem to have an effect. There is a power light on the mother board. I have tried to take out the flat battery for 15 + seconds and put that in with no avail, and I have gone around the computer and tried to make sure all the wires are in and as far as I can see they are.

Otherwise power cable is connected to the wall, the on button on that back is on and I cant seem to get this thing fired up. Anyone that has any ideas?

Thanks a lot guys.

G

Good question, I have no idea why that helped, but for some reason by moving it— the power button worked... That trick doesnt work anymore though..