In Pictures: 20 Clever Liquid-Cooled PC Setups

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoMan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005
[citation][nom]Snipergod87[/nom]so for number 6 where he sais everything that makes heat is water cooled. What about the radiator? Woudlnt he need a seperate water cooling system to cool that.[/citation]

Because as everybody knows radiators CREATE heat and defiantly don’t DISSIPATE it. /Sarcasm

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]ragingmercenary[/nom]is it just me, or do some of these builds just look like a mess of tubing?[/citation]

No, it's not just you. Most of them look horrible to me. Like a jumbled mess. I like the desktop one though.

MonsterCookie

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
One thing which I will never understand at TH:
why on earth are you putting a zoom button under the pictures,
if all we get is the same tiny figure with 140x100 pixels?

I understand that for some of the mods presented here there is no high resolution picture available, or you were too lazy to look for them, but this is true for your articles as well.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Not impressed with most of these...the 2 table/desk PC's were pretty good plus a couple others were decent. As for the rest, it looks like they just Googled PC watercooling and grabbed the first 15 pictures; most looking like they were from 3-5 years ago.

Watercooling has come a lot further than these pictures portray...why the nostalgic look and feel with this 'article'? There are PLENTY of amazing watercooling builds out there...and you showcase THIS?

G

For all the work that goes into cooling these systems you would think the designer knows that an acrylic case is an insulator and serves to trap heat inside the case. A metal case is always best due to its ability to pull heat away from the inside.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Well lets see jbaron.. You're right metal is a better conductor. But I'm sure these guys also know enough about air flow for the difference to be negligible. Not to mention it's water cooled!

t0r012

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
I like the desk. Still a little heavy on the lighting for my taste.
Everything else pictured , not so nice.
Taste being subjective , clear cases and bright lights just don't do it for me.
Never cared for steampunk either.

I like my PC like I like my cars, as much go as I can get with as little show as possible. Anything that does get changed makes it faster if it happens to be visible part then as understated as I can get it.

watercooling for PC or a sneaky turbo in a car nice upgrade.
bright neon lighting for either not digging it.

Kyndylan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
Or, www.million-dollar-pc.com.

'Nuff said.

But to be fair, the two table ones were quite cool! And it was more than likely the photography that made the other ones look slightly disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.