In Pictures: 20 Crazy And Unique Gaming Accessories

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]There is nothing on this list I'd like to own. Am I now a cranky old man?[/citation]
Luckily for you Douglas Adams already has this handy guide:
I suppose earlier generations had to sit through all this huffing and puffing with the invention of television, the phone, cinema, radio, the car, the bicycle, printing, the wheel and so on, but you would think we would learn the way these things work, which is this:

1) everything that’s already in the world when you’re born is just normal;

2) anything that gets invented between then and before you turn thirty is incredibly exciting and creative and with any luck you can make a career out of it;

3) anything that gets invented after you’re thirty is against the natural order of things and the beginning of the end of civilisation as we know it until it’s been around for about ten years when it gradually turns out to be alright really.

Apply this list to movies, rock music, word processors and mobile phones to work out how old you are.

danlw

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
On the Digital Edge Pro Gaming Table in picture 8, the article says:

"a steering wheel, gas pedals, and other gaming peripherals."

Don't you mean "A flight yoke, rudder pedals, and throttles."?

This table was designed with Microsoft Flight Simulator in mind.

G

Wolfking may be out of business but Laser (a generic brand) have a variation of the Warrior gamepad as a full keyboard with the gamepad attached to it but with the F buttons on the actual keyboard part not the gamepad. It's an absolutely wonderful gaming keyboard (much better than G15/19/510 in my opinion) but I think they may have discontinued it.

G

"While this isn't a commercial product (yet), the Tactile Gaming Vest [..]"

Oooh boy, in the last approx 3-4 year it was already on the market (I don't remember the name, but you can find it)

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
I just trashed my mouse (microcenter wouldn't take it back after a month) because it won't read anything black on the mousepad. Don't believe me, look it up. Here I'll provide two good links worth of complaints for free:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/peripherals/2010/10/31/cyborg-r-a-t-7-review/comments/2

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=539&Itemid=65

I even posted to the company a picture of my attempt at using different pads, but had to settle for a piece of white paper taped to my desk. They refused to post it, but Tom's isn't like that so here my desk is:

[img=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3025/stupidmouse.th.jpg]

I now own a Razer Imperator and love it, wouldn't go back to that mouse for the world...unless they fix their laser, cause that mouse was cool as shit. And I'm talking about, I owned it one month ago.

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
[citation][nom]joshyboy82[/nom]I just trashed my mouse (microcenter wouldn't take it back after a month) because it won't read anything black on the mousepad. Don't believe me, look it up. Here I'll provide two good links worth of complaints for free:http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/p [...] comments/2http://benchmarkreviews.com/index. [...] &Itemid=65I even posted to the company a picture of my attempt at using different pads, but had to settle for a piece of white paper taped to my desk. They refused to post it, but Tom's isn't like that so here my desk is:[img=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3025/stupidmouse.th.jpg]I now own a Razer Imperator and love it, wouldn't go back to that mouse for the world...unless they fix their laser, cause that mouse was cool as shit. And I'm talking about, I owned it one month ago.[/citation]

Forgot to mention my mouse was the R.A.T.7

G

I had the Belkin right handed keypad thing

I couldn't find a use for it in any game that I played. It's missing important buttons for the right hand, like shift and space bar. Not exactly ideal for any game. Less buttons than what your right hand gets on a keyboard, too.

If you are looking to get more buttons for whatever game you play, the Razer Naga gaming mouse is where it's at. It has 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-.= buttons on the mouse in a pretty decent spot, with trainers you can put on it to help you get used to where the buttons are. You can switch the keys also from the 1-= on the top of your keyboard to the numpad, which is super awesome if you are using a laptop (like me) and don't actually HAVE a numpad.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Some pretty neat stuff.
I refuse to buy anything form Saitek anymore however. My 10 year old budget Saitek joystick is of much higher quality than my 1 year old Saitek joystick, which wasn't nearly as cheap.

I do love the idea of a modular controller though. Different games call for different setups. Some games don't even need a analog, and the analog is all others need etc.
Since apparently I can't just plug and play with my mouse and keyboard (not easily anyways), it's a nice option. I also use a Xbox controller for the rare time I need one on my PC (racing games, PS2 emulator etc.).
Best of luck to them on making a great device.

The half controller is a exciting idea however. I want my left hand on a analog stick, and my right on a mouse. This would make is quit a bit easier. With a ton of easy to use macro keys on my mouse and a ton on the controller, the keyboard could become obsolete for PC FPS gaming.

Those WoW headphones do look kind of neat though. I do love my Sony MDR-V6 (relatively cheap, perfect quality, easy to repair), they do lack a mic.

I will personally say that, for the time being, the only wireless I prefer for now is my cellphone and laptop, I'll take a cable for everything else.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
#14 an entire tv on your head!!! not so sexy.

#13 is just plain gay.

and of all the gadgets, i want #18! it's a cute nerdy gadget.

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
I own a Microsoft SideWinder Strategic Commander and I am dreading the day it breaks down. MS dont make or even support it anymore, to the point that the drivers have been withdrawn from the d/l centre. In total it has 96 programmable functions and is shaped like a large lefthanded mouse on a static base. It is, without doubt, the best gaming peripheral I have ever used, and what is more, it flies in AutoCAD too.

THE_Ted

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I bought the wolfking for cheap on Woot.com but I was fairly disappointed with it. The problem was that it was just TOO different, the basic distances of the CTRL and space bar just made it frustrating, not convenient.

Too bad psyko headphones are ugly as snot. I'll stick with my Sennheiser PC 350s. And that bioshock head thing looks crazy! Also I've always wanted an easy to hook up racing wheel system. It's such a pain to constantly need to set up everything, particularily if I'm using my PS3

G

The Digital Edge Pro gaming table actually isn't a stering wheel and throttle pedals, but a complete plane, it has the throttles at the left and a different one at the right, rudder pedals, the "yoke", gear down/up and flaps levers. Pretty amazing if you have Flight Simulator with those amazing paid addons. I don't have haha.

andreirs

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
The Digital Edge Pro Gaming Table is not a racing set, but a complete airplane, it has throttle quadrant, flaps and gear levers, yoke, rudder pedals and more. Pretty good if you have Flight Simulator with all those paid addons, which I don't have haha.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
lol, the one about the gaming vest that gives you the right feeling in the right area....
i wonder how it will feel if some threw a grenade at you :D

G

Hmm they missed out the Zboard keyboards where you can swap out the standard board for another by just changing the keys.

G

The Belkin n52te is nothing but a hunk of junk. I had it for a few months and since upgraded to the Logitech G13. The n52te software interface is cumbersome, aweful, lazy, and lame. You have to create a macro for two key presses (IE: CTRL-A has to be a macro) and even then the macro doesn't always work, or, the software doesn't release or send the key that you've released the CTRL key.

Avoid. Spend the extra $20 and go with the Logitech game pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.