In Pictures: 40 Dirty PC Environments

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adroid

Distinguished
I didn't think the article is that funny. Real people live in those conditions. Some may have control over the situation... Others do not. How would you feel living in one of those places, and have someone write a sarcastic article about you?

g-unit1111

Titan
Why do I get the feeling that 90% of these living spaces pictured are occupied by serial killers? I must watch one too many crime and detective shows, but those are not inhabited by normal people. :lol:

Adroid

Distinguished

That's pretty hysterical, by reading the first line of your post I thought to myself (this guy must be watching too much CSI) before I read the second line.
Actually, if you visit any "developing" countries, this is real life man. People in places like Britain or America cannot conceptualize the reality that others live in. People are starving to death and other people are throwing food in the trash.

Eggz

Distinguished

That's real here in the U.S. too, dude. People don't talk about it much, and they highlight foreign hunger to keep the sights off problems at home. Here, it just isn't an entire country. It's forgotten parts: The barrios, inner city apartments under freeway overpasses, and many parts of rural America. I've traveled all over the world, and all over the country. You'd be surprised how much we let slip under the radar :pfff:

g-unit1111

Titan

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but the first four definitely look like serial killer hangouts. Then there's the one with the PC surrounded by tons of empty beer boxes. :lol:

op8

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

Or....it could just be dirty people who are too lazy to throw rubbish out.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Some of these pictures are downright disturbing, I would even say inappropriate to feature here for our amusement as they are very clearly snapshots of people's mental illnesses.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
As for the rest...wtx! Picture 16 just take's it to a hole new level.

A nasty mass of insect body'es, fused together with dust, decomposing bug organs, other creatures roaming and hatching from inside, eating the insides of the fresh body'es. A new type of ecosystem is created, also the heat from the PC parts maintaining a perfect temperature for nasty microscopic fauna to develop and thrive. In two years it will start moving on it's own. Sorry for the nasty picture created from my writing he he...

Eggz

Distinguished

I can totally see a Disney movie based on that! It would be based on the bugs' perspective, and of course there would be a hero bug who spends his on-screen time trying to save everyone. Everything is all happy at the beginning of the movie. "Summer" would be when the kidz played games on the computer, heating up the parts. It'll be called The Habitat.

On a nice "summer" day, the hero comes across an old bug that everyone has written off as "crazy," who tells the hero bug his fears about the looming threat of a lapse in power that outlasts the APC battery backup in the corner of the room. The "crazy" bug tells the hero bug that after the APC runs out, The Habitat will become too cold for the bugs to survive. :heink:

Then - one day - a few bugs discover that the cable to the power supply is actually failing, and a growing number of bugs begin to believe the "crazy" bug's story. They confirm that the power cable is about to give out, and the hero has to replace it, but everyone's too scared to pull it out because they don't know how long the old APC will last. Ultimately, the hero bug convinces everyone that it's the only way, except for a few crotchety old bugs with no faith in the hero.

The hero bug and some sidekicks make their way through a few mini-adventures involved in their goal: Finding a new power cable, transporting it to the computer room without getting killed by the household cat "Mittens," and finally - the moment of truth - installing it before the APC gives out. Just before successfully installing the replacement cable, the APC actually does give out, and it doesn't turn back on after connecting the plug. But just as the cold bugs are about to resign to their frosty fate, a little red light on the APC flickers. . . . Silence. . . . It illuminates! The PC speaker beeps. The HDD boots. All looks good.

But then . . . The stock Intel cooler's fan gets stuck for some reason, and the bugs face one final challenge so they don't burn to death: Making "Intel" spin. As they plan how to spin Intel, one of the crotchety old bugs who previously lacked faith in the hero bug is sitting by himself, grimacing near the CPU fan header. He notices the fan isn't plugged in all the way. It must have come loose during the power cable installation. The crotchety bug then plugs Intel into the header. The hero bug and his sidekicks, still discussing their plan for how to spin Intel, look up and notice that Intel is now spinning. The crotchety bug emerges and makes friends with the hero, having become a hero himself. Everyone cheers. The "Happy" song by Pherell Williams queues and the bugs dance. Roll credits with cute closeups of the bug-characters from the movie. Sell millions of tickets! :D

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM"][/video]

Damn, just..damn. I can even handle the sparse rooms which may be from less fortunate countries, but most of those are just straight pig holes. What was up with #6? I've heard of a haf stacker but that looks like a bud stacker lol. Definitely custom. #32 answers "why isn't my h55/60 cooling my cpu?" haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.