In Pictures: Dear Developers, 15 Games Worthy Of A Sequel

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]joeman99[/nom]Add Thief, Singularity and Mechwarrior to the list[/citation]http://mwomercs.com/ I am absolutely dying to get in on the Mechwarrior action again...and with Crytek's engine behind it...omg, just, omg.

Like everyone else, I expected older 2005-2008 games to be listed here. I am thrilled that Prey 2 is coming this summer after waiting 6 years, and considering Doom 4 is in the works... for 8-9 years now I've been waiting for that!

2shea

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
oh and lets not forget hidden and dangerous, engine was horrible but the game was awesome. Also
I remember the game project IGI, Im going in. wasn't very great but somehow I remember it as a lot of fun.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
And joeman99 is right, mechwarrior, I bought a joystick years ago so I could twist the upper part of the mech while walking, got called a cheater all the time, lol

How about another Myth game, the first two were great fun, third kinda sucked?

The Saboteur: Darn, I never did finish this, it was fun, time to reinstall (not sure about another one)
Warcraft III: I liked the single player version of theis series, though I thought 2 was better than 3
Half-Life 2: Finish it now darn it
Unreal Tournament 3: Dont dumb it down for morons, add quad jump amd multi jumps back in, if you dont have the reflexes then play scrabble. Thats what I told my son :) Thats why your last slow piece or garbage failed.
Civilization V: Its getting too darn complicated, I still play civ 2 gold, it is easy and fun to play
Homeworld 2: Loved it, make another

bwcbwc

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
I'd like to see a list of this type where the games in the list actually have NO sequels. Too many in the current list are sequels themselves, so from my POV they shouldn't qualify. Best suggestion I've seen in this category is Planescape: Torment.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
we polled the Tom's Hardware audience on Facebook

Oh, no wonder I didn't see it. Allow me a bit of additional criticism here...

Warcraft III? Seriously? Blizzard is over-rated IMO. After playing the beta for WC III it became my opinion that they ruined what was previously a simpler, more refined game. I enjoyed StarCraft and WarCraft II before that, and haven't cared for much of anything they've put since. That said, I have yet to play StarCraft II. Diablo II was kind of fun, but point and click isn't really my thing.

Why isn't Beyond Good and Evil on this list? Come on guys. Oh, and you couldn't find a better picture of Half Life 2? :\

On a positive note, I'm glad to see Homeworld in there. The first was truly a revolutionary experience, although it is a fairly challenging experience. I'm also happy that you chose a racing game. :)

hdawood

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
Games that I would love to have a sequel/s for:

1. X-Wing (original)/X-Wing Alliance (Best flight sims ever)
2. KOTOR 2
3. C&C/Red Alert (although Generals 2 is coming in 2013)
4. Transport Tycoon Deluxe
5. Half-Life 2
6. Challenge of the ancient empires
7. gods
8. Stunts

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Hmm, I don't care about most of those anyway...

Civilization games come on a schedule approximately every 4-5 years, so it's too early to ask for the next version. Try 2015 instead. Now we should expect the first significant expansion pack, though with all those DLCs I'm not sure how are they going to handle that... (The DLCs alone caused me to skip purchasing Civ V on release.)

Here are some games I'd like to see sequels for: Master of Magic, Master of Orion, Battle Isle, a real sequel for X-COM.

G

How could you forget Dark Age of Camelot 2? RIP Mythic, but still...

G

I want Homeworld 2 ported to the iPad. I'd love to play it with a touchscreen!

fourzeronine

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
SHENMUE III!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

On Burnout Paradise you mention, "we hope that future titles allow those of us sporting more impressive PC hardware to strut our stuff."

Slightly Mad Studios (developers for the NFS Shift series) are crowdsourcing their next game "Project CARS" and it is hands down the best graphical driving sim out there. 2012 is the best year for sim racing: Project CARS, GTR3, rFactor2

head over to wmdportal.com for more info on Project CARS

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Are you fricken kidding me? Most of these games ARE sequels! Notice the little number at the end there?

Warcraft III
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Civilization V
Half-Life 2
Unreal Tournament 3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Just Cause 2
Homeworld 2
Even Burnout Paradise! Which is the sequel to Burnout Revenge (which is the forth Burnout game). You really want more of the same? Um, NFS?

Personally I would've liked a sequel to Fahrenheit (known as Indigo Prophecy in the US). The first game didn't end too well.

ChickenFur

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
HomeWorld 2 all the way! I still have it installed and play it from time to time. And the Homeworld 2 complex mod is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.