In Pictures: Five Eight-Slot Cases For CrossFire And SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the HAF 932 AMD Edition and it's just marvelous. It's the HAF-X in essence, but with lil' more red, lol.

Anyway, all of those look like very good cases, but the HAF comes with lil' wheels; It's very practical when you're tweaking in a timely manner and have to move around the case a lot (around the house, that is). It's really heavy once it's fully installed and all. Do the others have lil' wheels as an extra accessory? I'm really grateful to that feature as it's also easier to move it and clean (have it at floor level).

Cheers!

clownbaby

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
why do case manufacturers insist on styling their cases like chunks of scrap metal off the battlestar galactica. Even Lian Li is trending away from sleek, stylish cases. We don't all want a piece sitting on our desk that tells office visitors we've just come from the comic book store.

I do appreciate all of the advances in the internals of cases, but for god's sake make nicer looking cases. Not plastic/steel, ostentatious, led light blasting ugly. Do use aluminum, sleek simple lines, minimalist exterior designs and some adult taste.

Who needs that much space? How about anyone with an ATX motherboard featuring a PCIe x16 slot in the seventh-slot position and three or more dual-slot graphics cards?

It's also useful for those with 2 cards where the first 2 slots only have 1 extra slot between them and you are using 2 slot cards. i.e. Gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r motherboard.

I wish more enclosures make it available.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]clownbaby[/nom]why do case manufacturers insist on styling their cases like chunks of scrap metal off the battlestar galactica. Even Lian Li is trending away from sleek, stylish cases. We don't all want a piece sitting on our desk that tells office visitors we've just come from the comic book store.I do appreciate all of the advances in the internals of cases, but for god's sake make nicer looking cases. Not plastic/steel, ostentatious, led light blasting ugly. Do use aluminum, sleek simple lines, minimalist exterior designs and some adult taste.[/citation]
Nicely said.

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
LOOK TOMS. WE ALREADY KNOW U HAVE SOME BULLDOZER PROCESSORS TESTING IN YOUR LABS AS WE SPEAK SO STOP STALLING AND ATLEAST LET SOME INTERN LEAK SOME BENCHMARKS>

[citation][nom]master9716[/nom]LOOK TOMS. WE ALREADY KNOW U HAVE SOME BULLDOZER PROCESSORS TESTING IN YOUR LABS AS WE SPEAK SO STOP STALLING AND ATLEAST LET SOME INTERN LEAK SOME BENCHMARKS>[/citation]

:lol:

if you want tom's to release the benchmark ask AMD to release the processor now

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
[citation][nom]clownbaby[/nom]why do case manufacturers insist on styling their cases like chunks of scrap metal off the battlestar galactica. Even Lian Li is trending away from sleek, stylish cases. We don't all want a piece sitting on our desk that tells office visitors we've just come from the comic book store.I do appreciate all of the advances in the internals of cases, but for god's sake make nicer looking cases. Not plastic/steel, ostentatious, led light blasting ugly. Do use aluminum, sleek simple lines, minimalist exterior designs and some adult taste.[/citation]

My thoughts exactly. Although, due to the benefits these cases bring to the table and the fact that they aren't as costly as a Lian Li case, I may actually consider one to stick under my desk. Would love it if the ones with LED fans came with the ability to turn off the LED without turning off the fan.

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]master9716[/nom]LOOK TOMS. WE ALREADY KNOW U HAVE SOME BULLDOZER PROCESSORS TESTING IN YOUR LABS AS WE SPEAK SO STOP STALLING AND ATLEAST LET SOME INTERN LEAK SOME BENCHMARKS>[/citation]
I asked G man about Bulldozer...He said "prepare for unforeseen consequences"

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Is it just me or does the Rosewill Blackhawk look just like a CM-690, CM690-II, or CM-692 case with one 5.25" slot removed to accommodate a second front intake fan? Yeah, the left side-panel is different, but overall it looks like a Cooler Master 690-II Advanced.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]RazberyBandit[/nom]Is it just me or does the Rosewill Blackhawk look just like a CM-690, CM690-II, or CM-692 case with one 5.25" slot removed to accommodate a second front intake fan? Yeah, the left side-panel is different, but overall it looks like a Cooler Master 690-II Advanced.[/citation]Most companies work from a template of already-available cases from third-party manufacturers in China, making only a few modifications to get a unique look while maintaining cost-competitiveness. As the level of changes increases, so does the price, until you eventually reach the level where a case is custom manufactured to the designer's specifications.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
yup these cases are ugly thats why i bought an nzxt phantom idk it just did it for me it looked different from everything out there.

masterbinky

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
They make sleek cases in each of the standard tower sizes. By the minimalist definition, there isn't much for them to change to differentiate the product to make it worthwhile for each manufacturer to make one. They exist, but there is no reason to update them (since what would you update?) if the internals have not changed.

BMFM

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006

Seconded.

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
The corsair 800d and 650d, now those are nice looking cases.

How can anyone stand LEDs or "battlestar galactica" cases? My 15 year old self would have been ashamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.