In Pictures: Five More Mainstream Gaming Cases, Previewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]EzioAs[/nom]Cooling wise, I'm guessing the eleven hundred will come out on top[/citation]

Depends. More holes are not always better. Their Dark Fleets are pretty horrible when it comes to cooling.

I still prefer my Corsair 500R as these cases are either bland or ugly.

I like the 1100 also, but would probably prefer a version without the big window.

The Raidmax looked like gimmicky junk.
CM has too many "oops"es.
The Fractal Designs and Silverstone cases also didn't quite "get it right," at least not for me; but I could probably make them work. The aesthetics were good on them.

old mann

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Didn't care fore any of these. All seemed boxy and without personality. Whatever the price point is for these, it is probably too high. Hopefully, the next segment will show the HAF XM or the NZXT Phantom 410. These are supposed to be gaming cases yet, they lack most of the features of an enthusiast case. Heck, I'd pick the Rosewill CHALLENGER over any of these and it's only fifty bucks.

element1981

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
I've had numerous cases including the Antec 900 and 300. I just upgraded to the Antec 1100 for my main PC and have been extremely pleased with it. I mounted 2 more 120mm fans behind the front panel and the cooling is nothing short of amazing. It's a relatively simple looking case, but it's elegance is in it's simplicity. It does everything exceedingly well. Installation was a breeze and future modifications will be easy with the extra interior space. You'd have to pay double the cost of this case to get something that exceeds it significantly in features. An all around great case, and I'd definitely recommend it over any other case in the $80-120 range.

[citation][nom]refillable[/nom]Antec 1100. Who is with me?[/citation]
Unless a case can properly house a 2x120 (H100) or larger radiator I'm not with you. Also, I don't like any windows with 'fan holes' (anything) drilled into a clear side panel.

akarusakage

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 M#: VN300M1W2 is without a doubt the Current Reigning Champ for ultimate Gaming Case, and any1 who believes otherwise i demand u give name and model number to anything better...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]greenrider02[/nom]Did I miss the prices?[/citation]Full review with prices coming soon![citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Hard to navigate and collect info to compare.Let's stick to a more user friendly layout, shall we ?[/citation]Full review with a comparison table coming soon!

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Crashman[/nom]Full review with prices coming soon!Full review with a comparison table coming soon![/citation]

Ah, a word from the powers behind the scenes. Glad to see that our comments are being read and taken notice off !! :)

EzioAs

Distinguished

FYI, Tom's Hardware staff always read our comments and feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.