In Pictures: Four ATX Cases Perfect For High-Capacity Water Cooling

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the Switch. That white would make it very easy to see what you were doing inside it.
Crashman, who is the vendor who doesn't want to compete against less expensive alternatives? The obvious guess is that any such roundup would expose that there's no need to spend the premium price; a second guess might be that what you'd be getting would be hard to quantify in any benchmark, such as the superior fit and finish of a Lian Li.
The Cosmos looks nice in a 50's-60's Science Fiction sort of way, but it's a Crappermaster, and that company's products are not on my radar due to their dishonesty.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Surprised Corsair is not mentioned here. They have some great options for watercooling at mid and high prices. My 700D can take a 360mm up top, another 120 on the back, and even more if you are comfortable case modding.

And the reason why I like watercooling vs air cooling.....
-my CF 5870 temps under load on air = 93c
-same cards watercooled = 39c

It blew my mind but definitely made me a convert. And by under load, I mean FurMark, as in max possible heat.

clownbaby

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
what happened to good taste in case design? If I'm going to spend big money on a case, I want stylish aluminum panels, clean lines, and modern styling. I DO NOT WANT plastic. I don't want a sci-fi prop. I'm an adult, and I don't believe a having a big computer and tasteful aesthetic preferences are mutually exclusive.

Bring back cases like the ABS black pearl, silverstone tj-07, and Lian Li A77.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
" Pictures: Four ATX Cases Perfect For High-Capacity Water Cooling" I mean the article says it all. Made for High-capacity water cooling. I like the cases in a sense if i was into the water cooling world. Unfortunately I'm not but none the less nice cases.

no offence to cooler master but i would take 800D for lesser price and spend $100 on other stuff :D

clownbaby

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Hellbound[/nom]The best case I've had for water cooling is a Case Labs Magnum TH10. Tons of room, and under $500.[/citation]

Great case. The Little Devil LD PC-v8 is nice too, but a little pricey. I'd like to see someone with good case design combine it with some nice styling, i.e. clean panels , nice lines and curves. Something reminiscent of the tj-07 would be nice.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Is it possible to stop doing these slideshow articles? Its really annoying to have to keep clicking to the next page and it makes it hard to go back to an early part for comparison. Why not just have 1 page per case and a slide show on each page.

g-unit1111

Titan
[citation][nom]hellfire24[/nom]no offence to cooler master but i would take 800D for lesser price and spend $100 on other stuff[/citation]

I already have the Graphite 600T - the only step up from that would be the Cosmos II or the Azza.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]Crashman, who is the vendor who doesn't want to compete against less expensive alternatives?[/citation]You know I wouldn't say, but I think your guesses are good![citation][nom]scook9[/nom]Surprised Corsair is not mentioned here. They have some great options for watercooling at mid and high prices.[/citation]They said that none of their cases were suitable to this specific roundup. If the 700D fits the cooler, perhaps price was one of their considerations?[citation][nom]clownbaby[/nom]what happened to good taste in case design? If I'm going to spend big money on a case, I want stylish aluminum panels, clean lines, and modern styling. I DO NOT WANT plastic. I don't want a sci-fi prop. I'm an adult, and I don't believe a having a big computer and tasteful aesthetic preferences are mutually exclusive.Bring back cases like the ABS black pearl, silverstone tj-07, and Lian Li A77.[/citation]Perhaps if the invitation had set a minimum price of $200, premium brands would be more inclined to participate?[citation][nom]Hellbound[/nom]The best case I've had for water cooling is a Case Labs Magnum TH10. Tons of room, and under $500.[/citation]They've just been contacted in hopes of adding them to the list.[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Is it possible to stop doing these slideshow articles? Its really annoying to have to keep clicking to the next page and it makes it hard to go back to an early part for comparison. Why not just have 1 page per case and a slide show on each page.[/citation]This is the problem of too many photos. Trying to keep page length of the actual review at a manageable size, the excess photos are published first. The secondary benefit is that it gives the readers a peak at the next upcoming review :)[citation][nom]Clonazepam[/nom]Would this Elysium case be considered high capacity?My Xigmatek ElysiumP.S. water cooling might be becoming less and less necessary, but its still fun as hell[/citation]It's hard to say why that one wasn't offered, perhaps they lost the invitation?

A very relevant article for me as I'm looking for a case that would fit a H100 comfortably while not breaking the bank. I surely do hope that one of these four would cost less than $120.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]LongpastPNR[/nom]Water Cooling = just another way to waste hard earned income but I will stick to air thank you it is all around us and abundant no need for scarscity LOL.[/citation]agree, watercooling is only good if they totally get rid of all fans including the radiators ones. I'll like a Case that is fully consealed, dust proof, water cooled, no fan, no dust at all. So no reason to clean it for at least 5years.

EzioAs

Distinguished

Just shows that you're lazy. Almost everything in this world needs to be clean once in a while whether it's cars, houses, apartments, garage, computers(either air or water cooled system). No offense

Device Unknown

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Although I agree with your recommendations to some extent, I still feel Azza's Fusion 4000 seen here: http://deviceunknown.com/?p=1300 to be vastly superior and roomy. You'll see soon cause we're modding it. Azza is also releasing their Genesis 9000 next month, we'll have a first review of that out. It's a beast. To top it off the Fusion 4000 is cheaper than most of the cases you listed and every bit the quality.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]Device Unknown[/nom]Although I agree with your recommendations to some extent, I still feel Azza's Fusion 4000 seen here: (SPAM) Azza is also releasing their Genesis 9000 next month, we'll have a first review of that out. It's a beast. To top it off the Fusion 4000 is cheaper than most of the cases you listed and every bit the quality.[/citation]You mean this one:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fulmo-gt-thor-v2-vh6000bws,3072-2.html
As also seen here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/picturestory/577-fulmo-gt-thor-v2-vh6000bws.html
That ought to do it.

BTW, three of these cases are cheaper than the 4000.

Status
Not open for further replies.