In Pictures: Four ATX Cases Perfect For High-Capacity Water Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cosmos II is a dream case!but it's very expensive for me :(
Azza Hurricane 2000 is an excellent case.a friend of mine runs a 965 EE and 6970 Xfire and it runs very cool.
Star of the Show was NZXT Switch 810!!!:D
plenty of features for a reasonable price!
hell better than my armour+
it's time to collect some bucks lolll!! ;)

G

I like how the Cosmos II has door hinges. It reminded me when i was young child thinking about how cars could fly by just flapping the doors.

G

What about the Haf-X? That's one of the highest rated cases on the market! It's affordable, plenty of space, and it can fit a triple radiator!

LongpastPNR

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Water Cooling = just another way to waste hard earned income but I will stick to air thank you it is all around us and abundant no need for scarscity LOL.

[citation][nom]LongpastPNR[/nom]Water Cooling = just another way to waste hard earned income but I will stick to air thank you it is all around us and abundant no need for scarscity LOL.[/citation]
Agreed! I use to want a water cooled system so badly, until I realized how effective mass amounts of copper can be! If done right it is just as quiet, just as heavy, just as effective, but much less cost!

there is a little kid in me that still wants to do the mineral oil PC though... but maybe I will do it with my kid some day :)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]crabman[/nom]What about the Haf-X? That's one of the highest rated cases on the market! It's affordable, plenty of space, and it can fit a triple radiator![/citation]Cooler Master chose the Cosmos II instead, probably because there's more promotional value in new products :)

@LongPNR and caedenv-
watercooling is not just a solution.it's a hobby!
if you don'twant then don't do it.stay on air but don't call it a waste :non: .
remember,i agree we can achieve overclocks on air but it can never match an enthusiast's liquid cooling setup! :sarcastic:

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]crabman[/nom]What about the Haf-X? That's one of the highest rated cases on the market! It's affordable, plenty of space, and it can fit a triple radiator![/citation]

Ugly-as-hell overhyped cheap garbage when compared to NZXT products. I'm SICK of everyone suggesting it for new builds. NZXT Phantom is a better deal than a similarly priced HAF series, offering similar cooling but much better aesthetics.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]hellfire24[/nom]^ i think they are including 'affordable' cases.TJ11 is $500+.[/citation]If there were a budget, it would have been mentioned in the title :)

Anyone who isn't participating made that decision themselves, the only restriction was that the case had to support a specific liquid cooler. Having said that, ONE manufacturer has actually sent a message in the past that they'd rather not participate in any roundup that contains significantly cheaper competitors.

EzioAs

Distinguished
I wonder what many people like about the switch 810? It just looks a bit cheap. Having said that, I haven't seen it in person yet so can't make any full impressions. No offense here

I'm surprised not to see the dual rear exhaust fan option on any of these cases, especially since you may mount a rad directly to one of these locations or the top.

Also, how much intake airflow can be achieved by bringing in air through the front only to have a drive cage deflecting it immediately? What is up with that part of the design of most cases? I would think you want some sort of direct flow from the intake directly across the motherboard.

Although, if your cooling entirely with liquid, is airflow even a consideration? Most consumer-level hard drives don't even get that hot.

spidey81

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
thor V2 won't fit a 360 rad.

Also the aerocool case is the same as the Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra, Xigmatek Elysium, and Enermax Fulmo GT. All of those a infinitely better looking but don't have as many or any filters. That's why behind the front panel there's cutouts for 2 120mm fans, it's the same frame with a gaudy plastic shell.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
So many comments on here that are completely wrong about watercooling, mainly because they believe watercooling is a Corsair H100. Fail.[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]Ugly-as-hell overhyped cheap garbage when compared to NZXT products. I'm SICK of everyone suggesting it for new builds. NZXT Phantom is a better deal than a similarly priced HAF series, offering similar cooling but much better aesthetics.[/citation]

This is exactly true.

Also- Tom's: what is the point of going to the extent of 'showing a case' when you aren't giving any indication of what your idea of high capacity watercooling is? Show these cases with these solutions installed, so you can back up your claims.

EzioAs

Distinguished

They usually do a separate article of the systems installed later. It's usually that way and I'm guessing it's going to be the same this time

Status
Not open for further replies.