In Pictures: GeForce GTX 750 Ti PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Just a small note - when you do a review of this card, you could please include
the odd older card so we can have some idea of how the entry range of cards
has progressed at this point? For example, will the 750/750Ti be any better
than a GTX 460 or 560, etc.? I've noticed a lot of reviews don't include any older
cards, which makes it a bit difficult for those who have such cards to guage
whether an upgrade within a limited budget is worthwhile.

Ian.

PS. Posting a comment from the main page still results in utterly mangled text.
It's been months now and this still hasn't been fixed. One has to go to the UK
site to edit the text so it's readable again.

Hey, I was also getting very weird text running Google Chrome on Puppy Linux, I figured out a workaround for myself, using "Stylish Extension for Chrome" and making this custom script for every website that is affected by this problem (uptil now only two).

Here is the code if you want to fix that (not complete fix, but it works.) :

CSS:
@-moz-document domain("tomshardware.com")
body
{
  font-size:13px !important;
  letter-spacing:1px;
}
}

Edit : I made an easy to install script : http://userstyles.org/styles/98162/tomshardware-font-fix

G

@MapesdhsI have the 650Ti Boost card which one of these should be replacing and I get better performance than a gtx 460/560 so I'm sure this card will be alot better performance wise.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
While I wouldn't be surprised if it has a 6-pin power connector, merely confirming the presence of solder points on the rear of the PCB doesn't necessarily mean there's a power connector on the other side. There have been many examples of unused solder points on graphics cards in the past.

CaptainTom

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Man if it didn't require a 6pin it would bring crazy good performance to low power builds. At the very least they should make a version of the card that doesn't require one...

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
If the card only uses 75watts....having a 6-pin connector there makes no real difference. Simply plugging in a 6-pin PCIe Aux Power cable doesn't increase the amount of power the card draws. It simply ensures that the card has adequate power in the event that someone tries to overclock it...The card is only going to draw what it actually needs.

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

Hopefully we're spared that comparison.

Any attempt at a comparison to a 40nm card from 2010 is going to be far from an exact science. And would be meaningless to the 99% of readers who don't have the same old GPU.

Just do you own. Tom's GPU Hierarchy was built for that purpose. You can also take into account the card(s) rated graphical processing power in gigaflops, the fabrication process (nm), power consumption (watts) and the DX versions of the games you play.

loosescrews

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

Not all PCI-e slots can supply the full 75W. Some motherboard makers cut corners. That is why it is a good idea to have the 6-pin connector.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
mapesdhs, someone from the QA team will be getting in touch with you to troubleshoot the issue you are having with "mangled text". That isn't supposed to be happening, and this is the first instance I've heard about it. Keep an eye on your private messages? Thanks!

-JP

Billzheng

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Actually 750ti has 640 sp,not 960sp.It is because the SMx has changed,now every SMx has 128sp,not 192sp. The gpuz mistaken it.When running .its performance is similar to gtx480 @60watt.sorry,forgive my poor English.

Billzheng

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
You know,Taobao in china is like the almighty god,you can buy almost everything as long as you have enough money.For instance,you can buy a 4770r(bga)with about 250dollars.

Billzheng

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
You know,Taobao in china is like the almighty god,you can buy almost everything as long as you have enough money.For instance,you can buy a 4770r(bga)with about 250dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS