In Pictures: The Automotive Technology We Saw At CES 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuanies

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

It wasn't listed because it came out in the 2012 model year. It was not present at any booth and there was nothing new for it to show off / announce. We also gave it a best of CES award last year.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I did a test drive with the Model S and it is easily the best driving experience I have had. Before the 5 Series BMW was my favorite but the Model S is just a monster from a driving perspective. Really cool car.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
The C-max still only gets about 40MPG real world average, far from even it's revised EPA sticker of 44/41/43(combined) .Kia K900, the 360 degree camera would be useful if the driver was in a car accident and it wasn't their fault. Wish the automotive industry would standardize front/rear cams and have recording take place (which hopefully the driver can disable if he/she's going to do something stupid). A lot of drivers in Russia have dashcams.Toyota FCV, 0-60 of 10 seconds. Since the drivetrain is still electric, maybe they could add a few supercapacitors to allow "boost" performance for a few seconds without being hard on the small battery pack. This may be how the newer Honda CRZs implement their "Sport+" button functionality.You should cover more hybrid & electric drivetrains, specialized engines such as upcoming HCCI engines from GM, Toyota, Mazda and others. New ECUs. That's the technology I'm interested in, along with all the nav and safety stuff.

tuanies

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

We'll have more of that stuff coming, but I am just one person :).

Nice, I just ran through the Panasonic booth and ran straight to the Micro 4/3s camera section and didn't notice the Model S. Either way, statement still stands, the car is in production and has been for 2 years already, there hasn't been any update. If Tesla were to upgrade the vehicle systems to Tegra K1, then we'd report on it but otherwise the company had no real presence at CES or had anything to announce. I also see quite a few of them around the Seattle area and even more around CA.

tuanies

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

Fixed. I'm pretty sure I typed Fresnel, but it could have been the lack of sleep and not enough caffeine following CES >_<

tuanies

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

There's only a reduction from a Monster + Trenta Starbucks to a cup of Keurig coffee a day, which I suppose is better ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.