In Pictures: Tom's Hardware's AMD/Eyefinity Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]HAHAHA everyone has a little "tom's" hammer!!![/citation]

Yep, the hammers are pretty handy. I have one in my room, screwdrivers are great for working on the ol' gaming rig.

-Devin

G

It would make more sense to have this 3 monitor setup with 4:3 aspect ration monitors. What do you think?

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]the screen is too small to be impressive. Can eyefinity run 3 30"?[/citation]

You're a hard person to impress if three 23-inch monitors isn't impressive.

From what I have read, the maximum res for Eyefinity is 7680x1600, which is three 30-inch monitors running at 2560x1600 each.

-Devin

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]zz[/nom]It would make more sense to have this 3 monitor setup with 4:3 aspect ration monitors. What do you think?[/citation]

Off the bat it would probably look better, but AMD is optimizing games for the odd aspect ratio.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
looks like someone forgot to fix the FOV for for some of the games, other than that, gaming on 3 monitors is great.

For me, I am stuck with 2 monitors which sucks for multiple monitor gaming, I can only play some games on it that allow for a console and allow me to change the FOV and also add a offset, (no point in having 1 side of the character on 1 screen and the other half on the other screen, it is nearly impossible to play a FPS game that way, but if you can add a bit of a offset, you can have the main action on the first screen and a extended view of the battlefield (at least the right side of it, on the second monitor). Hopefully nvidia comes out with a card that supports 3 monitors when they release their new series.

DarkMantle

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Nice!, looks like you guys had alot of fun and dude that last photo with Eddie and the hammer is freacking hilarious, you should tell us who he is in the Forums so we can be sure not to piss him off. :D

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
So the Radeon 5870 is powerful enough for 3X "Full HD" resolution? That's pretty impressive, but it would REALLY be cool if you guys could post some benchmarks using the eyefinity setup. I am curious to know what kind of frames are achievable at such a resolution.

Anyways, looks like everyone had fun. Cool stuff.

chechak

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
AS always TOMS HARDWARE people are the best ,it looks like guys had a lot of fun ,that hummer guy look funny :).
is there any overclocking for cpu?
``Errr... i've seen stander cpu amd fan i i dont think so...:p``

lukeg310

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
It was awsome experience testing the new eyefinity setup in person. I cant wait for monitors with thin bezels to come out. Thanks to the staff at Toms Harware!

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]chechak[/nom]AS always TOMS HARDWARE people are the best ,it looks like guys had a lot of fun ,that hummer guy look funny .is there any overclocking for cpu?``Errr... i've seen stander cpu amd fan i i dont think so...``[/citation]

The 955 BE we were running was at stock speeds (3.2 GHz).

zelmardesigns

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Very impressive. I do kitchen designs and currently by using two monitors my productivity is more than double comparing to single monitor. For the purpose of creating estimates at the same time I have a need for more screens visible simultaneously. Does it mean that using 2 cards in cross fire we can present it on six monitors? If somebody can give me usable advice I would really appreciate it.

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Can we find out which user(s) (read: troll(s)) are responsible for the single thumbs down on everyone's comment? Perhaps we can unleash Eddie (the violent man with the hammer) on them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS