[SOLVED] In search of a specific wireless router.

fliphusker

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
I am in need of a wireless router that has a minimum of four SSIDs (Actually may prefer eight) and will handle VLANs for each SSID. The SSIDs will need to have the 5 GHz band.
And the big kicker, not break my bank account. I have a pair of Cisco RV 110s but the 2.4 GHz band is just not cutting it. (Unless I can figure out my bigger issue with them.)
Thanks in advance.

Solution
The issue might be that 2.4GHz frequency, which is overcrowded with many devices (cordless phones, baby monitors, microwaves, garage door, other routers, etc.) using the same radio space and channels.

You could go with a couple of newer Cisco RV routers like the RV260W or RV340W.
If you want 8x 5GHz bands that might break your bank account.
Having a lot of bands won't make your internet faster than the speed you are getting from your ISP.

5GHz will provide higher bandwidth and much faster data connections than 2.4 GHz.
You might also want to use the 2.4 GHz, since it has a farther range than the 5 GHz frequency.

The issue might be that 2.4GHz frequency, which is overcrowded with many devices (cordless phones, baby monitors, microwaves, garage door, other routers, etc.) using the same radio space and channels.

You could go with a couple of newer Cisco RV routers like the RV260W or RV340W.
If you want 8x 5GHz bands that might break your bank account.
Having a lot of bands won't make your internet faster than the speed you are getting from your ISP.

5GHz will provide higher bandwidth and much faster data connections than 2.4 GHz.
You might also want to use the 2.4 GHz, since it has a farther range than the 5 GHz frequency.

Solution