In the Market for a New Power Supply & Replacement PSU Cord

Snagged

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
I'm getting a backup power supply for my EVGA 750 G2 (gold). I see the G3's are out but figured I would just get the same unit I have now to save a few bucks. Should I get the 750 G3 series Gold or should I be fine going with the 750 G2 Gold?

Also, I'm getting a replacement cord for my current 750 G2 Gold. Would the following cord be compatible for my needs?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D6MVZ62/ref=crt_ewc_title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A14FP9XIRL6C1F

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Snagged

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
I'm getting a backup one just in case this one goes out for any reason. Whether it be something I mess up from getting a replacement cord for my original PSU or it just simply going out. Plus I plan on building another desktop in the near future and would like to have separate parts for both so I can have 2 separate desktops if I want to.

I was thinking the cables are pretty much universal but I just wanted to make sure. I have no clue about the gauge of them though. I just don't want to screw anything up.

When you get the cable you can just compare it to your current one, if its about the same thickness then its fine.

While I personally wouldnt recommend getting a replacement unit at this point in time (it would be best when/if a unit dies to get a new unit at that time, newer hardware, less chance of it being damaged in storage, etc), you can get either the G2 or 3, whichever is cheaper.

Snagged

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
The G2 is at a better price right now so will pull the trigger on that one most likely. I just like to have backup plans for some things but you can't plan ahead for everything I suppose.

Thanks for the help!