[SOLVED] In time of great need (need a new case fan)

BugzyCheats

Prominent
Jan 11, 2021
Hey there.
I'm looking for a back case fan to fit my motherboard

Here's my motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H61M-DS2 DVI
Website preferred : https://www.ebay.co.uk/

If possible, one under 10 pounds.. not looking for anything expensive just to keep my pc cool
If you guys could take the time to help me search for one i would very much appreciate it :)

BugzyCheats

Prominent
Jan 11, 2021
We also need to either know which size fan you need or which case you have - so we can look up which size you need.
Thanks

Were you looking to have any pretty lights on it too? LoL

I can't find where i purchased this case but it's by gamemax, that probably doesn't help so i'm just gonna assume its w and h
something around 4cm wide and 4cm long

i just need something to cool it down, nothing fancy though if u can find one with lights and what not then that would be cool too (sorry for late response got no email)

I can't find where i purchased this case but it's by gamemax, that probably doesn't help so i'm just gonna assume its w and h
something around 4cm wide and 4cm long

i just need something to cool it down, nothing fancy though if u can find one with lights and what not then that would be cool too (sorry for late response got no email)
That would make fan 40mm diameter only and so small fans are used only for small coolers on the MB. Most cases use 80, 120 or 140mm fans.
Look at the back of the case at the grill that fan mounts on, there should be 4 screw holes and measure diagonal between them.

popatim

Titan
Measure the distance between the two fan mount holes please, either vertical or horizontal (just not diagonal).

105mm spacing would be for a 120mm fan.
71.5mm - 80mm fan
125mm=140mm fan (just in case you need it)

edit - assuming you meant 4in and not centimeters then I believe you need a 120mm fan (4"= 101.5mm)

Keep in mind that LED fans are a single color and you cant change it.
RGB & aRGB fans have changeable colors but you need a matching controller. Your motherboard may not have one since this is newer tech. If you want this then make sure you pick up a matching (RGB or aRGB) controller too.

Last edited:
Reactions: CountMike

BugzyCheats

Prominent
Jan 11, 2021
That would make fan 40mm diameter only and so small fans are used only for small coolers on the MB. Most cases use 80, 120 or 140mm fans.
Look at the back of the case at the grill that fan mounts on, there should be 4 screw holes and measure diagonal between them.

Sorry for late reply but i measured it
it's 8cm (width & height)

68HW5yw.png

i look at my motherboards manual and pictures and noticed (marked as red square)
is that where the case fan plugs in? because before i used to use the molex pin connectors because i always though the cpu fan is the only connector for fans

EDIT: though i looked on ebay, a lot of fans only use 3 pins what's up with that?
EDIT2: i read online and apparently the fourth pin has to do with you being able to control the fan speed and what not (if possible i would rather go with 4 pin connector then)

Last edited:
Yes you can, everything fits and is a great fan, Connect it to that header you circled. You should be able to adjust it's speed in BIOS.

Solution