In-Win Launches its Very Expensive S-Frame Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

phazeshifta

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Under $200? In Win said at Computex that they were either $800 or $1500, I can't remember which price. The front glass panel would cost you more than $200 alone. This is a limited edition, custom created by hand, all aluminum case. If you ever find any all-aluminum case, especially limited edition for under $200, buy it up in a hurry.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Im a bit confused by the liquid cooling airflow. If one was to install a radiator in the bottom wouldn't it blow all the hot air from the radiator back onto the GPU?

Looks... Interesting... Being from the mountains, all I can think of is DUUSSSTTTT.

Also being from the mountains, I could make a case like this (-the glass, have to get that made) for about 50 bucks in my ROP welding class. Then again, knowledge and skill is valuable. As well as rarity. Its a cool concept, wouldnt use it due to practicality and pricing, but cool none the less.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Beautiful is not a word I'd associate with the design at all; it sacrifices function in a failed attempt to add style, but ends up over complicated and ugly instead. Good case design comes from function first, and big open gaps that will act as a dust trap do not count; styling should always be secondary to good airflow design and internal layout. This is why the new Mac Pro is so cool; while it sacrifices internal storage, the industry is really heading that way anyway, which meant it was free to be small, but its design is pure function thanks to the big heatsink and vertical airflow, the styling then comes naturally. Too many case manufacturers are trying to create a visual design first and sacrificing everything for dubious result; gaming cases have some of the ugliest products on the market, yet there are good examples too like the Bitfenix Prodigy cases.

And not just dust. All manner of small objects could accidentally fall into this thing.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
I love inWin cases. I have 4 of them, the most recent being the Tou. I will be getting this to do another cool hard acrylic loop in it. Anything that is outside the box is cool to me and really love how inWin looks at cases as something more than a box with a window in it.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Damn it's pretty. It's a one aluminium piece beauty of engineering.
If it only wasn't so crazy expensive.

If you put fans facing down they will blown into ground air would eventually go up but most of it around the chassis.

Status
Not open for further replies.