In windows 7 my husband went into "msconfig" trying to fix a slow startup. When he restarted his computer he had unknown user

Solution
Ok sounds like an issue.

Let's start by starting the computer and be for it try's to enter windows Press F8.Once you see a black screen go to Safe Mode with command prompt press enter.Another page will come up Loading windows files let it do it's thing.

Let it load might take a few minutes.

While in Adminstator cmd.

Type net user Administrator /active:yes

Then when it says Completed Successfully.

Type Shutdown -r to restart system.

The default Adminstrator should now be active.

Then you can load into the default and change what ever is neded.

Jojododo2

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014
I need to find a way to get back into windows when none of our logins show up. He made a change in startup (in msconfig) then when restarted the computer, only one user "Owner" is there which is password protected. Using Windows 7 and I really don't want to loose my OEM version of MS Office 2007. It is an Acer aspire 5551. Also if I go into "Safe mode with command prompt, it goes to Administrator log in (password protected) what else do you need to know?

Wile E Coyote

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
Ok sounds like an issue.

Let's start by starting the computer and be for it try's to enter windows Press F8.Once you see a black screen go to Safe Mode with command prompt press enter.Another page will come up Loading windows files let it do it's thing.

Let it load might take a few minutes.

While in Adminstator cmd.

Type net user Administrator /active:yes

Then when it says Completed Successfully.

Type Shutdown -r to restart system.

The default Adminstrator should now be active.

Then you can load into the default and change what ever is neded.

Solution