In Win's 2015 Concept Tower Looks Like A Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
Wow that is unique. It actually looks like something you'd more than likely see in an automotive garage, not a computer shop. I bet it isn't light either. Still a neat concept.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Does it fold up or is just left open like that? If it's always open then it's a shit idea except as a test bench. Who wants all that noise just in the open air.
My Antec case weighs a metric tonne, has 2mm of steel plus insulation to deaden the sounds and I still can't stand the noise I can hear my machine makes. If I take the side off it's like sitting on an airport runway with 747 landing.

iPanda

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
Does it fold up or is just left open like that? If it's always open then it's a shit idea except as a test bench. Who wants all that noise just in the open air.
My Antec case weighs a metric tonne, has 2mm of steel plus insulation to deaden the sounds and I still can't stand the noise I can hear my machine makes. If I take the side off it's like sitting on an airport runway with 747 landing.

unfortunately they don't show how it looks untransformed. but yes, it does fold back into some sort of tower, that transformed state is for cleaning/maintenance/test bench mode (as mentioned in the article).

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

unfortunately they don't show how it looks untransformed. but yes, it does fold back into some sort of tower, that transformed state is for cleaning/maintenance/test bench mode (as mentioned in the article).

We're apparently going to get more details on this later this week. Stay tuned. We're as curious about it as you are!

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011

Ah, I read the article again and sure enough it does mention it folds up. Not sure how I missed that the first time.

In action.
AGKm0yR.gif

http://imgur.com/gallery/AGKm0yR

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Oh so it never fully closes. Well it's still a fairly impressive gimick. It looks like something an SLI Titan X owner would buy. It's probably $1000 to match the Titans price.

f-14

Distinguished
it would be nice if it did transform i'd buy it for $1,000 if it transformed into a tank or star destroyer or a naval vessel. i'd even settle for an R2 unit if it could roll around.

lorribot

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
I remember when everything was beige, then Apple got its act together and White\Aluminum\Black was cool. PCs tried hard to catch up, and up to a point have done well due to the sheer weight of numbers, but have been held back by the fact that they rely on the one thing that made the PC so great but did not bind Apple, cheap standard form factor components.
Imagine what In Win et al would come up with if they could design their mobos to fit their cases rather than fit their cases to the mobos.
With the amount of circuitry now built in to the CPU, surely it must be possible to come up with a new why of connecting computer bits together that wasn't quite so prescriptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS