In Win's Transforming H-Tower PC Case Nearing Production, But It's Expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldbutstillatit

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
Nope, just no.

$2600, even if it does look cool, on a computer case is beyond insane, even if you're a heartless rich bastard that can afford it. Spend a couple hundred on a good case, use the rest to help those in need.

stoned_ritual

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
Nope, just no.

$2600, even if it does look cool, on a computer case is beyond insane, even if you're a heartless rich bastard that can afford it. Spend a couple hundred on a good case, use the rest to help those in need.
Thanks for telling people how to spend their money. I'm sure you would fit right into a government office somewhere.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
and yet they have the worst customer service every in any company. Time warners cables customer service compaired to inwin is freakin platinum.

I ordered a mouse pad from them. Order was places but never ship out. I sent multiple e-mails. Decided to cancel my order.
Forget how many times I hit the cancel button and it didn't go through.

Got an e-mail 2 months later saying... we are sorry for not responding. We have been busy. Do you still want the mouse pad.

There products are nice and looks stellar. But everything begins and end with customer service. I will never give them once sent of my hard earned money. Ever!!!! and I suggest everyone else do the same. Till they understand that it is customers that make there business successful they do not deserve a single penny from anyone.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
I'd pay AU$250 for it which I think is about US$160 right now.
That’s if I was interested in a case that has no sound proofing and annoying lights projecting out of every orifice.
Think Ill just stick with my Antec P182 instead.

Catalizator

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
Nope, just no.

Thanks for telling people how to spend there money. I'm sure you would fit right into a government office somewhere.
Nope, just no.

Thanks for telling people how to spend there money. I'm sure you would fit right into a government office somewhere.
Anyone is entitled to their own opinion and he is mostly right. It does looks cool and all but in the end is just an useless computer case.

If I was so inclined, which I'm not, I or one of you could build something similar for about five hundred bucks, or less. Personally, I think I'd rather use five one hundred dollars bills to purchase snipe hunting gear than I would to buy that case.

Having knowledge, and the means necessary to do your own fabrication makes situations like these laughable. If I so desired, I could invest a few days worth of labor and raw materials into a working copy for under 500 easily. Powdercoat, lights, and actuation included.
Then again, not everyone has access to a plasma cutter, metal bender, and welders along with the knowledge to use them.

Seriously, it's not like it actually moves around or something. Couple of small hydraulic or electrical retractable plunger/ram parts and some time spent in the fab, and that thing could be easily replicated. For a trade show it's a nice piece of eye candy though. There are two hundred dollar robots that are FAR more complex than that thing.

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
I think it's freakin' awesome! Pointless and overpriced but if I had that kind of money, you bet I'd buy one and go nuts with the components! MU HU HA HA HA!!!

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
Having knowledge, and the means necessary to do your own fabrication makes situations like these laughable. If I so desired, I could invest a few days worth of labor and raw materials into a working copy for under 500 easily. Powdercoat, lights, and actuation included.
Then again, not everyone has access to a plasma cutter, metal bender, and welders along with the knowledge to use them.

Ok, let's assume that you can fabricate this. And let's say you started form scratch with the design. Considering all your time and materials, what would you sell it for?

Oh I dont blame them for the price, I would sell high as well if I were to manufacture these for sale, material and labor wise its not worth nearly that much. Its just the ability split of people who could make their own, vs those who would possibly purchase one.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Haha, that's kind of a good point...the killer feature of this chassis is something you wouldn't use very often.

Still...that's not why someone would buy it. :D

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Just noticed in your sig that you're a computer engineering student. Taking that, plus your apparent experience with welders, cutters, paint, etc., you should ask those guys for a job. ;)

Im down XD

I'd be happy with, and am thinking about building, a case where the sides simply lift fully open similar to the doors on a Delorean. That would make maintenance and hardware changes much easier, which is a function that's actually useful, AND has the added benefit of being kind of cool as well.

I could see it being $500. It is no doubt one of a kind, and would be priced accordingly to how original it is. But $2600? Well, if you're rich I guess it's fine to buy.

Considering limited production, I think $2600 is justified. It will sell.

Considering that people will buy diamond encrusted i-phones, the MWE Emperor 200 Computer Workstation, AeroDream One iPod Station, gold plated Nintendo Wii Supreme and other stupidities that are merely status purchases, yes, it probably will easily sell out.

Didnt they say 90% of them are already pre-ordered?

Status
Not open for further replies.