NO VIA !!!
VIA SUCKS !!!
VIA SUCKS !!!
VIA SUCKS !!!
VIA SUCKS !!!
NO VIA !!!

Athlon 1000 @ 1500mhz (5 x 300fsb)
383mb DDR-sdram
Transcend TS-ALR4 (ALiMAGiK 1) NO VIA !!!!
30gb 7200rpm ata100
16x DVD
ATi radeon 64mb DDR
SB Live! platuim 5.1

Dream overclocking system still is:
Tualatin 1130 @ 2261mhz (8.5 x 266fsb)

My p3 broke :*( Well Tualatin is coming :*)

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Funniest thing I heard all week.

Kudos to you!!

Never seen anyone get happy about owning the "YUGO'" of AMD chimpsets. Granted VIA sucks bad, but bragging about going with ALi is um, like bragging about how your dog pee'd on your leg.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
I hate to admit it but he does have a point. I thought Ali was somehow part of via???

SPUD

<font color=blue>Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood blue man </font color=blue> :smile:

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ALi a part of VIA, oh no!

well, fugger has *some* point for once, but the latest VIA chipsets are not too bad, are they? KT133A seems to be a winner, i have a KT133 A7V, and looking fwd to lay my hands on A7V133.

Magik disappoints in many respects, but look at the brighter part - support for both SDRAM and DDR-SDRAM will make your system future proof, although manufacturers dont seem to have use both these abilities at once on a single board. lack of onboard display adds to it. and I might add, that ALi Aladdin for my K6-II was the best chipset I ever saw, still have it in my office.

its quite cheap for a home system, isnt it???

die-hard fans, do not have have heat-sinks!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
ALi is very much better than VIA for stability and compatability. Going from VIA to ALI is like going from a supped up, turbocharged Yugo to an old Dodge pickup. The Dodge might go slower, but at least you can trust it to get you where your going!

Suicide is painless...........

G

i read that even the AMD 760 chipset was faster than the magik 1...oh well, i might be wrong

AMD. It gets you chicks.

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
The AMD760 <i>is</i> faster than the ALi Magik chipset. So far, the AMD760 has proven to be faster than any other Athlon chipset out there.

VIA...well...VIA's performance/stability has not impressed me in the past. The AMD750 (Irongate) chipset wasn't too great, granted, but mixing 760 parts and VIA parts seems to make one seriously kickass chipset. Maybe AMD should strongly consider making their own chipsets--I bet they'd be pretty good at it.

Kelledin
<A HREF="http://kelledin.tripod.com/scovsms.jpg" target="_new">http://kelledin.tripod.com/scovsms.jpg</A>

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Has anybody else not noticed the (5x300) screwup? There is a fine line between B/S and unbelieveable B/S, it has been crossed.....

A wise man once said, "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."

G

In my face?

=(
what?

Aladdin chipsets i think are fine
i had one with me Asus P5A worked fine

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--