In Z390 Release, AsRock Leaks Intel's 9th Gen Naming

PapaCrazy

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
With all these perfectly prepared images and the constant flow of information coming out about 9900k and z390, this doesn't seem like a leak as a much as a very controlled squirt. And I'm tired of getting squirted on. Just release it already.

DerekA_C

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
I personally am tired of this tick tock style on advancements both AMD and Intel need to start thinking about having more then one architectural design team with completely different outlooks and ideas of it and compete within the company per teams like Apple did with Apple and Mac team pretty sure I remember that correctly. well it did bring innovation within Apple.

I was going to say... "Leaks" seem a normal part of everyday tech marketing.

Sep 14, 2018
Yep, i know that,thank you :)
Is that because i have already z370 board, and i wonder if have some of this in the future ... there is no sense .. :)

Uilleam

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
Nothing being put out right now gives me the incentive to go buy anything new. Advancements in technology lately has been slow and incremental. Unless I see something really mind blowing my current system will last me a long time without the need to upgrade or go out and buy a new motherboard and CPU. Basically not a lot has changed over the last few years. Example: When they went from the 6700k to 7700k all they really added were more pcie lanes and better 4k support on the 7700k. Now all Intel does is just keep adding more cores that hardly anyone will ever be able to take advantage of.

Oct 6, 2018
Is it just me or is Intel just blatantly copying AMD?

AMD released Ryzen with a buttload of cores for less money and suddenly Intel, which has been stuck on 4/8 for mainstream for so long is like, "ah, well we have 6 core chips too!"

And then AMD decided to go the fancy case route for Threadripper and ho what a coincidence that the top of the line chip for 9000 series has a unique design.

It's kind of embarrassing to be honest. It makes them look really desperate.