Oct 10, 2018
Greetings!

I just got a new PC Case and moved all my hardware. Turned it on and got "Inaccessible Boot Device" error.
Changed the boot device to my HDD, which showed up on the Bios. Reset, and got only a blinking cursor on the top left of my black screen.

After reading solutions on the forum, messed around in bios a bit, tried almost everything, even switching Sata ports on the MB. The only random solution that worked, and currently running with is
AHCI mode, S.M.A.R.T. check enabled and UEFI as First Boot Option. Changing anything between those three parameters will give me the blinking cursor.

I get the impression that boot speed is a little bit slower and my HDD shows up as a usb device on the bottom right menu, with the option to safely eject it.

Any solutions or clues?
Thanks in advance!

Windows 10
Asus motherboard p8h61-m le
HDD Hitachi
(can provide more if needed)

To speed up the boot time, try disengaging the hdd but really I suggest you reinstall windows since there is some incompatibility with the drives and the OS..Here are the steps I take. Be sure that only one disk is connected through the process.Back up personal data first.

Create an up to date USB install media by following the steps outlined here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
Then disconnect or disable all hdd /ssd drives but the one where you will install windows.

Insert the USB media tool, with the windows install files, into the board. Next startup and go to the board setup and ensure the board is configured to use UEFI boot settings, CSM is enabled and SATA mode set to AHCI.

On the motherboard boot device menu, select the command that identifies both the firmware mode and the device. For example, select UEFI: USB Drive or Windows Boot Manager: USB and list that device in the first boot slot on the board.
Reboot. Install begins.

When choosing an installation type, select Custom. On new disks, the drive will show a single area of unallocated space. If there are partitions, select each one and then "delete".

Select the unallocated space and click Next. Windows detects that the PC was booted into UEFI mode, partitions the drive using the GPT and begins the installation.

NOTE: Any data on the drive will be lost