[SOLVED] Inaccessible boot device

Mar 15, 2020
I switched over to a new pc and brought my hard drive from the old to new pc. Im getting an error saying that my boot drive is inaccessible; however, when I put my hard drive back into my old pc I didn't have an error. I checked to see if the cables where in the right places and plugged into the power supply. I have tried to boot from sata, windows boot manager, and uefi. If anyone has a fix please let me know!

Solution
Don't "format", but rather DELETE each of those partitions. All 5 of them and continue with a blank drive.

popatim

Titan
UEFI bios is secure and wont run a foreign operating system. You can disable Secure boot and enable CSM in the bios but you stand a decent chance of getting more errors due to the OS trying to load the old/wrong drivers for your new board. Your best bet is to install the OS fresh again.

Mar 15, 2020
UEFI bios is secure and wont run a foreign operating system. You can disable Secure boot and enable CSM in the bios but you stand a decent chance of getting more errors due to the OS trying to load the old/wrong drivers for your new board. Your best bet is to install the OS fresh again.
can I reset windows to factory through the advanced options menu? or will I need to boot from a usb?

USAFRet

Titan
I switched over to a new pc and brought my hard drive from the old to new pc

Full wipe and reinstall.

Mar 15, 2020
I have a windows disk that I loaded into a usb and I’m getting this screen. I’m not sure what any of them mean. I can only format partition 1 and 3.
image0.jpg

USAFRet

Titan
Don't "format", but rather DELETE each of those partitions. All 5 of them and continue with a blank drive.

Solution