Nov 8, 2020
Hello,

a friend of mine handed me the following external hard drive:
WD Elements Portable WDBUZG7500ABK - hard drive - 750 GB - USB 3.0 Specs

She had connected the hard drive to her phone and apparently the phone formatted the drive with android file system. She asked for data recovery from a technician and they told her that the files had been erased. This didn't seem likely to me that the drive would be able to delete all the files in a few seconds she had it connected to the phone. I tried a lot of different programs to access the file that i believed that where still there and i managed to do it finally with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, although i wouldn't be able to extract them with the free version i left the program finish the scan so it can find all the files. And that when distraction structed. I knocked the drive off my computer and the connection was lost. Since then i haven't been able at access the files with any program i tried.

So here is the current situation:

1. When i connect the drive to my computer a white light indicator appears in the drive.
  2. The drive does not appear in Windows 10 disk management.
  3. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, cannot locate my device.
  4. The device seems to appear in Windows 10 Device Manager as USB Mass Storage Device, but i cannot seem to be able to do anything with that. Updating, removing and reinstalling the driver doesn't seem to do anything as well.

Any kind of help is welcome and i can provide anything that is necessary for the recovery of the files.

Thanks for reading

How important is the data on this drive?
If its anything remotely valuable the first thing you need to do is stop attempting to do anything with the drive. Further use could worsen the issue, especially since physical damage is now on the table. At this point I would recommend professional data recovery, but that is going to be costly.

Nov 8, 2020
How important is the data on this drive?
If its anything remotely valuable the first thing you need to do is stop attempting to do anything with the drive. Further use could worsen the issue, especially since physical damage is now on the table. At this point I would recommend professional data recovery, but that is going to be costly.
It's pretty much priceless. It's photos, videos and files going back years.

TRENDING THREADS